Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bmanic wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:15 am The plugin is dodgy. It simply does not work correctly. Period.
There might have been a bit of a misunderstanding with people seeming to think you meant the dev/company was dishonest. The word 'dodgy' has the primary connotation of someone trying to scam you, someone being evasive, subterfuge and all that. Whereas you just meant that the plugin didn't work well.

Yeah, that's my bad. I should have been more clear about that.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:15 am

It's only 15 euros but because there is a free alternative that works better how on earth could I recommend this? There are also no normal ways of contacting the developer, except apparently now PM's are possible through KvR.
The developer literally emailed me about a feature request ( whcich was already there ) and told me to rtfm ( in a more polite way ) , so he's active and does respond
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Amiga was also only mono afaik? so they were panning eg drum samples to the left and the rest to the right, wasnt it like that?

it would be cool to have Stereo to add some amiga/downsampled stuff to tracks which are stereo and your loop wouldnt be in mono :( or am i incorrect? a simple stereo option should be added i think.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:11 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:32 pm The one thing bmanic is right about is the fautly waveform update .
Set cycle to 2000 and length between 1000-2000 , the wavform update does not reflect the what is being heard .
But I am not sure this is bug , since a high cycle is probably crossfading large portions and therefore can not accurately portray the waveform
The stretch won't affect the waveform display. I'm not sure what you mean by the "wave form update". As you say a high CYL will repeat large grains, with a long crossfade, combine that with a large LEN and the grains will be offset by a very small amount each repeat. From all my tests the stretching sounds authentic and robust at a range of parameter settings. If anyone wants to take a look at the source code for the time stretch, I will link it here. I decided to open source because theres not really any other open examples of such an algorithm.

https://github.com/dar-io-p/potenza-time-stretch

Thank you all for your suggestions, I can assure you me and Stekker are working hard, taking feedback, and looking to get the next version out as soon as possible to those that have already purchased.

I'm afraid we have no plans to increase the sample rate limit, or 8bit to 12/16bit, as this is the core feature of the Amigo and goes against our original vision.

If you have any questions dont hesitate to message me on instagram @ilcheffy, or email help@potenzadsp.com
No , what I mean is the following
Here's a file with 4 slices .
Stretch-length/cycle set to max .
When holding the first slice "A" ..it will fade out but at the end of slice 'A' , a portion of slice "B" will be faded in while the waveform cursor clearly shows it's at the end of slice 'A' .
Like I said , probably not a bug becasue the cycle size is so big the playback cursor is actually reading back and forth in a region ( which is not shown )
Eyeball exchanging

I-Quit wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:39 pm

My man, the upped sample rate can only be a lucrative move for you guys, as a lot of people are after that Akai flavour.

Besides, I don't see how it would clash with your purist approach to Amigo, as you've already added the Akai stretch algorithm, which wasn't native to any Amiga.
This, give us our cake please!!!

Caine123 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:23 pm it would be cool to have Stereo to add some amiga/downsampled stuff to tracks which are stereo and your loop wouldnt be in mono :( or am i incorrect? a simple stereo option should be added i think.
Doesn't even need to be an option. Just leave the file as-is. If someone wants mono, do it with the DAW.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:15 pm

It's only 15 euros but because there is a free alternative that works better how on earth could I recommend this? There are also no normal ways of contacting the developer, except apparently now PM's are possible through KvR.
The developer literally emailed me about a feature request ( whcich was already there ) and told me to rtfm ( in a more polite way ) , so he's active and does respond
Where did you find his contact information? Or you mean he found you?

EDIT: Ah I see, it's now posted here. Will contact him with the issues I've found.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:36 pm
Caine123 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:23 pm it would be cool to have Stereo to add some amiga/downsampled stuff to tracks which are stereo and your loop wouldnt be in mono :( or am i incorrect? a simple stereo option should be added i think.
Doesn't even need to be an option. Just leave the file as-is. If someone wants mono, do it with the DAW.
Nah I'd prefer it stay in the plugin, less faffing around with my fx chain.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:01 pm Nah I'd prefer it stay in the plugin, less faffing around with my fx chain.
Sure, I hear you, just trying to present it in such a way that will motivate the developer to do it. If he has to add a new GUI element, he might feel it detracts too much from his original vision. Leaving stereo files as-is and extending the sample rate range require no changes to the GUI or any added complexity.

Classic jungle is typically 8-10 mono tracks coming out a sampler like an amiga or akai and then you would use send effects in the mixer to widen out the sounds. It actually is a great way to work and get really nice mixes. Sometimes simplicity is the way to go.

Sure. No one is saying it's bad. But I'd like to use this for pads, too, which may have separate modulations going on each stereo side.

bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 pm

EDIT: Ah I see, it's now posted here. Will contact him with the issues I've found.
There’s an email link on his site
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:43 pm
bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 pm

There’s an email link on his site
Well that's new and also welcome. That was the first thing I was looking for when I had purchased the plugin and found the first problems within 5 minutes.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:49 pm Sure. No one is saying it's bad. But I'd like to use this for pads, too, which may have separate modulations going on each stereo side.
Totally agree with @Uncle E here. These kind of minimalist sampler plugins with simple drag & drop of samples are really useful for just general purpose things. This could be a very nice little sampler with it's own unique sonic finger print for all kinds of simple daily duties, not just for the vintage vibe.

Return to “Instruments”