Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

People usually played the sample +3 semitones on the keyboard and used whatever bpm was the result. Didn’t use time stretch for that.

revvy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:44 pm
ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:40 pm
revvy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:31 pm Fundamental noob usage question (needs to be stated first that clearly I am no old-skool junglist in terms of using a sampler)

OK, I am actually trying to use Amigo in a tune I'm working on rather than just messing with samples and trying out the controls. I got a 135 bpm break loop and a song I am working on in Live at 144 bpm. If I drag the loop into a new track/clip in Live, obviously it warps it to 144. If I drag the same loop into a Amigo, what is the process of getting it at 144?
use pitch n finetune, and use ya ear ;)

oldschool ways hehe
Got it!

I was actually editing mine as you were writing a reply, pitch at +1 almost gets it so I will use finetune to get it closer
Will it preserve the warp if you drag from ableton?

FR. Chop to equal slices within the start / end marker, Not much space on the gui. Maybe divide up Show all / show selected

focusrite wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:18 pm
revvy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:44 pm
ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:40 pm
revvy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:31 pm Fundamental noob usage question (needs to be stated first that clearly I am no old-skool junglist in terms of using a sampler)

OK, I am actually trying to use Amigo in a tune I'm working on rather than just messing with samples and trying out the controls. I got a 135 bpm break loop and a song I am working on in Live at 144 bpm. If I drag the loop into a new track/clip in Live, obviously it warps it to 144. If I drag the same loop into a Amigo, what is the process of getting it at 144?
use pitch n finetune, and use ya ear ;)

oldschool ways hehe
Got it!

I was actually editing mine as you were writing a reply, pitch at +1 almost gets it so I will use finetune to get it closer
Will it preserve the warp if you drag from ableton?
Just tried - nope.

Got it in time, in this case, by pitch shifting +1 and fine tuning +11. No timestretching needed to get it to fit.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

100%

not sure if the dev is up for FRs though.
focusrite wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:20 pm FR. Chop to equal slices within the start / end marker, Not much space on the gui. Maybe divide up Show all / show selected

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:31 pm I will also have to do some testing with loop points. In my testing, loop points loaded fine. So I'll need to look into this.
I can send you some .wav files where the loops fail to load (and are confirmed to load in most other software like Kontakt, FL Studio etc).

EDIT:

Here is a link to a simple loop where the loop point isn't recognized.

Loop example (Google Drive, .wav 176KB)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

As an analog purist, I decided to dive in and see what it was all about and I like it a lot. It does have a sound…. very reminiscent of some hardware I own.

I don’t make edm / jungle but I tried lol! It’s a keeper.

https://youtu.be/2XZhudCAW2M?si=mW4FNrcQFqm0yorX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I noticed Amigo doesn't have a Drive feature. Was it unusual/undesirable to drive the input of the Amiga? Did it sound bad perhaps?

plugin - very good, thanks to the developer

in the future, I would like to see

choice between Left Right and Mix (not stereo!!), as in the original software

in addition to STRETCH, - Butterworth filter (this is also An Akai-style=)

Good luck

Swiper the Fox wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:19 pm plugin - very good
buy now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

prene wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:24 pm As an analog purist, I decided to dive in and see what it was all about and I like it a lot. It does have a sound…. very reminiscent of some hardware I own.
You clearly need A1200 at least - its a great hardware :)
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:42 pm I noticed Amigo doesn't have a Drive feature. Was it unusual/undesirable to drive the input of the Amiga? Did it sound bad perhaps?
Well its a hard clip then, but because how Paula works, its not as straight forward. The example I posted in page 4 - the drums originally had quite big transient spikes. They do not have them now as I gained them into clipping in ProTracker. How it sounds? Depends how it did sound originally, to a point one can gainclip the sample but there is a threshold when the peak is too high and crest is too low the sample itself gets worse when gaining of course..
Drum transients -> yeah clip. Bass -> can be clipped a bit. Melodic instruments -> you'll hear when it hardclips :P

edit: its page 4
Last edited by legendCNCD on Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:17 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:42 pm I noticed Amigo doesn't have a Drive feature. Was it unusual/undesirable to drive the input of the Amiga? Did it sound bad perhaps?
Well its a hard clip then, but because how Paula works, its not as straight forward. The example I posted in page 2 or 3 - the drums originally had quite big transient spikes. They do not have them now as I gained them into clipping in ProTracker. How it sounds? Depends how it did sound originally, to a point one can gainclip the sample but there is a threshold when the peak is too high and crest is too low the sample itself gets worse when gaining of course..
Drum transients -> yeah clip. Bass -> can be clipped a bit. Melodic instruments -> you'll hear when it hardclips :P
In that case I'd like to ask the developer to add this feature. :tu:

Lotuz2019 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:14 am
Windows: Windows 8 or higher (64 bit host)
Has anyone tried it on Win 7?
Tested it briefly myself and it seems to work fine.

Does this plugin come with a sample pack?
Bitwig

Return to “Instruments”