Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

krixa wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:19 pm Does this plugin come with a sample pack?
No, just the plugin.

sl1200mk2 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:31 pm
No, just the plugin.
Alright! Not that I demand more for the low price. But would have been cool if it was shipped with some iconic old school samples. Cheers
Bitwig

krixa wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:36 pm
No, just the plugin.
Alright! Not that I demand more for the low price. But would have been cool if it was shipped with some iconic old school samples. Cheers
here, put it inside the sampler
ES_AmenClean_A_175.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

krixa wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:36 pm
No, just the plugin.
from the first page of this thread, these oldskool samples load in Amigo
https://archive.org/details/mirage4amiga

I finally purchased. The 'An Amiga sampler...for your DAW' video convinced me. 15 EUR.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Tried the theme editor on the home page. Scream Tracker 2 colors are mad 😁
Bitwig

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:42 pm I noticed Amigo doesn't have a Drive feature. Was it unusual/undesirable to drive the input of the Amiga? Did it sound bad perhaps?
Most sampling on the Amiga I think its fair to say things were recorded hot/clipped to avoid hiss issues that can creep in on 8bit with low volume. Using Amigo sampler one of the first things I did was put StandardClip (other clippers exist) after it to prevent the transients from properly sampled breakbeats being too poppy and get that vibe back, and it works well.

raveystabs wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:30 am
Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:42 pm I noticed Amigo doesn't have a Drive feature. Was it unusual/undesirable to drive the input of the Amiga? Did it sound bad perhaps?
Most sampling on the Amiga I think its fair to say things were recorded hot/clipped to avoid hiss issues that can creep in on 8bit with low volume. Using Amigo sampler one of the first things I did was put StandardClip (other clippers exist) after it to prevent the transients from properly sampled breakbeats being too poppy and get that vibe back, and it works well.
Yep just soft/hardclip or whatever but dont carry the huge peaks into 8bit realm :D because the crest is then very low and gets hiss etc.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

ilchef-potenzadsp wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:30 pm Version 1.0.1 coming soon.
If you've already purcahsed you will get an email when its out.
Did this get released yet or is it still coming soon ?

Digivolt wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:09 pm Did this get released yet or is it still coming soon ?
No email here yet. Still having loads of fun with it though.

It's trash full of bugs loop points and slice points don't work properly horrible envelope clicks and generally a cheap sounding rubbish emulation , no idea what the hypes about its absolute junk no wonder it's so cheap!

im afraid the only trash here are your ears.

This sampler sounds shit. What f**king low bit rate is it using? And the timestretching is full of artefacts !!

Won’t load my piano libraries either. Terrible.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

i think you should have to post a finished track for every post on kvr so we can all see what kind of person is making these hilarious comments but ya i havent experienced any issues w this sampler, love how it sounds and works

Well I was joking (you knew that right?) but A94 has only got 2 posts, so 2 finished tracks isn't tough.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Instruments”