Amigo Sampler - 8-Bit Amiga Style Sampler Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by HydrogenHuman on Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Something interesting the developer mentioned in a youtube comment:

"One correction is that its not a post FX bitcrush like Tal-sampler, RX950, Decimort etc but actually loading like raw 8bit PCM as a real amiga or sampler would :) hence why the samplerate change isnt instant it needs time to recalculate after u change the samplerate thats why automation of the samplerate is not intended as stated in the manual. Any other plugins use post FX bitcrush which is instant but also brings in noise and lots of other stuff isnt truly authentic!"

"...it's not meant to be a 1:1 emulator but just as close as possible :) there is some DAC going on but the stuff like samplerate actually changes the sample itself its not an audio FX applied to clean sample like a fake thing ( which most suposed sampler plugins do )"

"and it does accurately load amiga format samples ! even with their loop points intact if they had those saved"

HydrogenHuman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:00 am
"and it does accurately load amiga format samples ! even with their loop points intact if they had those saved"
If it loads Amiga format samples here is a link to the old Mirage samples library in Amiga Format

https://archive.org/details/mirage4amiga

IvyBirds wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:45 am
HydrogenHuman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:00 am
If it loads Amiga format samples here is a link to the old Mirage samples library in Amiga Format

https://archive.org/details/mirage4amiga
Tested out several samples from it and it does load into the sampler, and has the loop points.

HydrogenHuman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:11 am Tested out several samples from it and it does load into the sampler, and has the loop points.
That is amazing news, will be an instant buy for me then

Someone beat Plogue to the finish line!

Korg Supporter wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:18 am Someone beat Plogue to the finish line!
Is Plogue developing an amiga emu?

Lucastyle wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:37 am
Korg Supporter wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:18 am Someone beat Plogue to the finish line!
They said in the C64 thread or whatever that not only they are working on a Paula emu, but they are going to add special synthesis features.

Korg Supporter wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:43 am
They said in the C64 thread or whatever that not only they are working on a Paula emu, but they are going to add special synthesis features.
Well in that case I'm going to wait to buy that cause I know how deep Plogue go into the details.

thanks for the heads up :tu:

i read many used TAL Sampler for the Amiga Emulation, but isnt this not authentic? this Amigo Sampler seems to correctly emulate the Amiga 500? Sound?

Especially it can Load Amiga file format.
Lucastyle wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:48 am
Korg Supporter wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:43 am
Well in that case I'm going to wait to buy that cause I know how deep Plogue go into the details.

thanks for the heads up :tu:
i think it will take a lot of time still, Plogue is top class, i would guess maybe early build 2025? or something. just my guess
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Haven't tried it, but there's also Ami Sampler.
Image Image Image Image

This got me excited for real. Plus I don't mind if it came before Plogue (which I will buy anyway). I love the video. Purchasing this over the weekend just for the fun of it.

And knowing Plogue's DNA and expertise I can't escape the feeling that they missed the mark., I mean for sure people are interested in old samplers like the Amniga, but knowing Plogue's expertise they would have much more interest if they also added AKAI emu in the style of Plogue details. Anyway, I am drifting offtopic. Apologies.

well if this can bring me the old sound like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTLhWXv2I4A

im all over it, so do i just need to import samples (mostly from old hardware synths) and go for it? or do i need to set the Frequency and timestretch specifically? does anyone know?

much appreciated!

ahhh i want these lovely pads and bass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW3AgvC ... Yj&index=3
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Hmm... doesn't really sound like an Amiga to me in the demos. Hard to test without a proper demo installer.

Anti-aliasing filter is fixed. But the cool crunch really only comes to the fore when it's turned off.

Bummer.

wvshpr wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:31 am Hmm... doesn't really sound like an Amiga to me in the demos. Hard to test without a proper demo installer.

Anti-aliasing filter is fixed. But the cool crunch really only comes to the fore when it's turned off.

Bummer.
Lmao!

Return to “Instruments”