Aodyo Loom MPE controller

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:32 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:10 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:47 pm
ElVincente wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:12 pm Look at the drum demo video, it seems there is velocity here
Look again. They’re just mapping position to velocity.
Looked to me that velocity was changing while the finger was hitting the same exact spot.
From the site:
"Loom features a multidimensional tactile surface, enabling each finger to control pitch (X axis), timbre (Y), and dynamics (Z) independently. In addition, a patent-pending dynamic sensing system analyzes when your fingers land to determine impact force."
Sounds more like it’s doing what the Minifreak is doing, than actually sensing impact force.
Both...
Pressure is implemented with size of touch like minifreak but there is force of impact in addition.

Got my fingers crossed on this one. It's a very attractive interface.

I pledged....

pugilistas wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:04 pm Got my fingers crossed on this one. It's a very attractive interface.

I pledged....
Yes, same here!

Seems interesting, but my desk space is ridiculously tight at this point. My Rise 49 can only fit because I have it on a keyboard extension arm.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:05 pm Seems interesting, but my desk space is ridiculously tight at this point. My Rise 49 can only fit because I have it on a keyboard extension arm.
Do you see any benefit of this over the Roli? Also, do you have any recommendations regarding buying a used Roli? It seems a little gross but they sell for so cheap used.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:06 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:05 pm Seems interesting, but my desk space is ridiculously tight at this point. My Rise 49 can only fit because I have it on a keyboard extension arm.
Do you see any benefit of this over the Roli? Also, do you have any recommendations regarding buying a used Roli? It seems a little gross but they sell for so cheap used.
I bought the Seaboard close to then they released the first version and I've had it ever since. It may be the only hardware I never wanted to replace. I love it. It is a little squishy and gross, but it doesn't really bother me :) I think it's extremely well made and for me thoughtfully designed and very playable. Having said all that, I have supported the Loom Kickstarter. I like the idea of something like it but a little more portable.

Is there a way to see the shipping costs ?

As shipping cost depend on the destination, you can check the handling and insured shipping cost to your place by start the contribution process (no need to get to the end of the process and contribute but that would be welcome).

HUROLURA wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:23 am As shipping cost depend on the destination, you can check the handling and insured shipping cost to your place by start the contribution process (no need to get to the end of the process and contribute but that would be welcome).
ahh i see, thanks !

The new controller modes they just added look fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZdLckRZWVU

The grid mode will get back a bit of what I lost when I decided not to try to keep both the Roli and a Launchpad hooked up, and I'll enjoy that Martenot mode for sure.

Kickstarter ending in 35 hours. I just signed up for the 2 octave.

It's seems very interesting, I took the 3 octaves. I love the slide and the possibility to turn it into a XY controller.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”