Say you're broke...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:56 am
martiu wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:51 pm if you make ambient no need daw, need <any modular synth that runs standalone> buy now second hand if broke :? :hug:
good call.
why you redact homie :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:10 am
martiu wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:51 pm if you make ambient no need daw, need <any modular synth that runs standalone> buy now second hand if broke :? :hug:
good call.
nah, didnt redact, fly guy. chill, you're all okay; that's not what <insert here> notation indicates... i just expanded the scope.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:38 pm
martiu wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:10 am
good call.
nah, didnt redact, fly guy. chill, you're all okay; that's not what <insert here> notation indicates... i just expanded the scope.
all good homie :? . . . :hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 am
empphryio wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:23 am These threads are hilarious in that there's no mention of the KVR OSC.
this mention of the KVR OSC is hilarious in that the actual question is what someone would use if given a choice, rather than being told what to use to meet the constraints of a competition.
Annnd nope. That's not how it works. Have a good one.

I already thought about it. If I were richer in time and poorer in money, I would just buy Bitwig. It already has everything for mixing and mastering and with the grid you can build any instrument or midi player you can dream of.

empphryio wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:46 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 am
empphryio wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:23 am These threads are hilarious in that there's no mention of the KVR OSC.
this mention of the KVR OSC is hilarious in that the actual question is what someone would use if given a choice, rather than being told what to use to meet the constraints of a competition.
Annnd nope. That's not how it works. Have a good one.
Clearly that is how it works, otherwise it would have been mentioned and you wouldnt be complaining about it not being mentioned.
In case you've forgotten, or didnt read, the actual question was "I'm guessing, most of you have some commercial software that you feel cannot be replaced by any free VST, software you would invest your little money on because you feel that you need to. Which is it?"
Have a better one.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Jac459 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:55 pm I already thought about it. If I were richer in time and poorer in money, I would just buy Bitwig. It already has everything for mixing and mastering and with the grid you can build any instrument or midi player you can dream of.
But, dude. You're broke. You can't afford anything. Not even a bread crumb which fell off the table.

Which is totally unrealistic, of course, but, I guess people like scenarios like that, for whatever reason.

I think vurt said something great about that once, along the lines of "everyone can afford hardware". I agree. You can't be that broke. If you are, you have mugh bigger and more pressing problems than the choice of the instruments and effects you use for your musical hobby.

chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:04 pm
Jac459 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:55 pm I already thought about it. If I were richer in time and poorer in money, I would just buy Bitwig. It already has everything for mixing and mastering and with the grid you can build any instrument or midi player you can dream of.
But, dude. You're broke. You can't afford anything. Not even a bread crumb which fell off the table.

Which is totally unrealistic, of course, but, I guess people like scenarios like that, for whatever reason.

I think vurt said something great about that once, along the lines of "everyone can afford hardware". I agree. You can't be that broke. If you are, you have mugh bigger and more pressing problems than the choice of the instruments and effects you use for your musical hobby.
Then I would use reaper and put a poster
of Bitwig in the wall of my bedroom and dream about it at night.

You could also... download a Bitwig theme for Reaper. ;)

Title should be 'How to make music if you are broke' or something...
Easy solution - bandlab cakewalk and vital/1000 other free synths.
Affordable solution - buy discounted stuff,when they drop like 50-90% off.
Optimal solution - buy discounted stuff,which can't find for free,but are essential for your production.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am Title should be 'How to make music if you are broke' or something...
Optimal solution - buy discounted stuff,which can't find for free,but are essential for your production.
I wouldn't "invest" in learning cakewalk, the free version is soon going to be retired...

mabian wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am Title should be 'How to make music if you are broke' or something...
I wouldn't "invest" in learning cakewalk, the free version is soon going to be retired...
I thought that we were talking about how to make music if you're destitute? It's free now. Make some music before you're living in a tent and can't afford electricity.

+1
would make more sense.
make somebody a new thread for this ?*

* let´s have a nice discussion in a new one
and keep this here for what it has been intended ?

OK... I'll say it...

"I'm broke" :tu:
No auto tune...

Return to “Effects”