Requesting feedback on a FOSS live looping app

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi all,

This past year I've been working on a FOSS live looping application called ShoopDaLoop (http://www.shoopdaloop.com).

The idea is to do intuitive basic looping, but also more advanced workflows (multi-track, audio+MIDI, re-synthesis, pre-scripted looping sessions, sequencing loop clips into songs, ...) that AFAIK are currently only possible with applications like Ableton and Bitwig, supplemented by additional looping-focused plugins.

Of course, those applications do loads of things that ShoopDaLoop won't ever do - the point is to be focused on the looping use-case.

There is no release yet, and there won't be for some time, but for the adventurous types there are pre-release builds available. Be aware that although this runs on Windows, Mac and Linux, for now the only way to run is within a Jack Audio session.

I am posting here about it mostly because I'd be happy to see some more activity on the project GitHub - bug reports, ideas, inspiration. Curious what you think!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”