Playing guitar live with a DAW - headphones crackling

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.
I would like to play guitar, live via PC + DAW software accompanied by backintrack.
The problem is that it makes an unpleasant crackling in my headphones if I play live monitoring guitar in a DAW (Reaper or Waveform)
I use free VST plugins where I have endless options for setting the sound.
There are many videos on youtube where it works. I have been trying to solve the problem for two weeks with no results.
If I play through the native application (overloud) + backintrack WINdows media player then it's nice.
If I play through the DAW + backintrack WINdows media player (or backintrack in the second track) then unpredictable cracking appears.

CPU Intel Pentium Gold G5400 - 3.70GHz | 3.70 GHz
8GB RAM
M-Audio m-track DUO

I'm thinking of giving up on all DAWs and VSTs, and with the purchase of the ZOOM G1 Four M multi-effect, it also has (1x Aux In) for connecting a mobile phone and starting a backintrack.
I just haven't tested how the mobile will play through the multi-effect.
If I connect the headphones to the mobile phone, it plays nicely.
If I connected the mobile phone to the m-audio input, it was terrible...

I think the culprit is using two different audio drivers
- like through windows, not asio
- like through daw, asio or wdm

I would try and move backing track into daw too, then it would work is my guess.
- then only one audio driver is involved

Yet another option is getting looper pedal like Boss RC-5(around $200)
- it has room for 128 tracks, each with a backing track too
- you have a pretty neat drum machine too
- not dependent on any computer at all, apart from load backing track
- I use a simple pedal to get different guitar sounds in conjuction

You can use your Zoom G1 with looper pedal.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
It crackling for me even when I played the backintrack together with the guitar in two tracks through the DAW.
I am now setting up the PC according to: https://www.musicradar.com/how-to/how-t ... production (https://www.musicradar.com/how-to/how-to-optimize-your-pc-for-music-production)
1.turn off USB selective suspend
2.Power & Sleep settings
I played a 2 minute song and it didn't crack even once.
Excuse my google english

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”