Lyrebird Flavour working as designed?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I'm hearing low difference (if any) between the Lyrebird Flavour settings clean, bright and dark.

What's wrong, my ears or the bird? :help: :wink:

Yeah, I'm using Rev 12092/VST and just checked. The difference between dark, bright, and clean used to be pretty big, particularly with longer delay times. Now I'm not sure it's doing anything. Dark may be a tiny bit more crunchy than clean, but it used to be a lot more crunchy and the darkness does indeed seem missing.

EDIT:
Thanks Viktor. I did just that and can confirm that the sound hasn't changed. Memory tells me the differences were really drastic and dark mode was super dark compared to clean/bright, but those memories were clearly incorrect.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyrebird behaves the same since v1.0, I compared several releases from the past years. Indeed long delay times make the feedback signal darker, and long repeats emphasize the selected flavour.
But it's the same since the v1.0 release.

It's easy to compare it on your end as well, just grab the legacy installers from the Repro page, scroll all the way down, find the "release archive" link, you'll find all the released versions since the very first one.

Cheers

Ah ok, I tested with low "Regen" settings. Later Echoes (#3 ... ) are showing the desired behaviour. :tu:

In my repro2hive converter I now use the following mapping:
Clean : LP 60
Bright : LP 100
Dark : LP 75
(HP 0, Width 100, Diffuse 0)

Return to “u-he”