Top Gun: Maverick

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I watched Top Gun many times during the 1980s /1990s, I'd have been around 8 or 9 when I first saw it. From the very first dull ring of that bell to begin the film and throughout, I was subjected to some great music scores to elevate my ears and some of which that moved me as the story evolved.

With that, I for the first time watched the sequel last night. For me the film, was just terrible in so many ways, the cast, the acting, story, pacing ect, that it left me feeling empty and wanting it to end as soon as possible, the biggest let down was the music. It was just shit....it was and all over the place generic crap you would hear in a transformers film and forgettable.

The original Top Gun film has many great tracks.

I feel Zimmer is runing modern films.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I really liked it. :eek:

OzoneJunkie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:09 am I really liked it. :eek:
Top Gun: Maverick, was for me, just boring. I wanted to like it but my brain just said no. I found a review of the film which highlighted what I felt about it after posting this thread. The orchestral music didn't work, just compare the action scenes of the original Top Gun film to those in Maverick.

https://stephanjameswrites.com/2022/07/ ... -terrible/
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I watched it upconverted to 3D. It was amazing. Cruise is either the bravest actor alive or incredibly insane.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:23 am
OzoneJunkie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:09 am I really liked it. :eek:
Top Gun: Maverick, was for me, just boring. I wanted to like it but my brain just said no. I found a review of the film which highlighted what I felt about it after posting this thread. The orchestral music didn't work, just compare the action scenes of the original Top Gun film to those in Maverick.

https://stephanjameswrites.com/2022/07/ ... -terrible/
I haven't (and won't) read the link, but I respect your feels about it. I find it interesting, my own likes and tastes - there are times I think I won't like something and I end up really enjoying it, and of course the opposite happens.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”