Pick UVI Drum Designer or Wavealchemy Triaz (Or Why not BOTH?)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello friends,

I have XO and Phalanx and would like to pick one more drum VST. Both DD and Triaz are on sale where I demo'ed Triaz and watched some videos of UVI DD on YouTube. I found that Triaz has fewer capabilities on tweaking/shaping the drum sounds but Triaz has some more to offer like 1) import own samples, random kits and export is one of my fav features that Triaz can export each drum sounds in wav (kick, snare, hats etc...) Don't know if DD can do this kind of export.

May I seek your advice on which one to pick? Correct me if DD is JUST good at tweaking/shaping sounds and assumes other features like sequencer etc can be found in Triaz then I will only go for Triaz and find one tool to shape the sounds (post-processing)

Regards!
Cowby

I like Drum Designer--very fast for me to use. When I want to explore, it has a lot of sequencer presets. I'm bummed they don't add more drum sounds to it, and I doubt it will be developed much more any time soon.
I have only used the demo of Triaz. I do own their big pack of drum samples, and they are nifty--I use them with Atlas mostly. I've seen a number of people praise the quality of Triaz's drum sounds--and I've seen some people who just don't like Drum Designer. YMMV.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Drum designer feels very clunky to me compared to triaz but it's definitely not a bad piece of software. The sequencer is pretty fuckn awful

DD is okay. I never really use it. The sequencer is terrible.

TRIAZ kicks ass. Samples (approx. 15,000) are excellent with a lot of variety. The sequencer is top notch. Best of all, it's being actively developed and should have a strong future as it's Wave Alchemy's flagship product.

Thanks all for your valuable input.

BTW, Triaz was released 2-3 months (?) ago and I just wondered if the developer has got any updated/bug fixes since the it was released? I am very concerned about the bug fixing and feature updates because I had a bad experience from XO.

cowby wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 pm Thanks all for your valuable input.

BTW, Triaz was released 2-3 months (?) ago and I just wondered if the developer has got any updated/bug fixes since the it was released? I am very concerned about the bug fixing and feature updates because I had a bad experience from XO.
Lots of development happening. See this thread: viewtopic.php?t=607132

1.01 update is coming very soon with some really tasty new features as well as 1.0 bug fixes.
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

eecrumjr77 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:55 am DD is okay. I never really use it. The sequencer is terrible.

TRIAZ kicks ass. Samples (approx. 15,000) are excellent with a lot of variety. The sequencer is top notch. Best of all, it's being actively developed and should have a strong future as it's Wave Alchemy's flagship product.
Largely feel/think the same here

Triaz is really very nice,
but my by far fav drum plugin has become
Avenger 2 plus you get a synth in addition!
Last edited by DCrown on Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I suggest to try Forever 89’s Visco on demo too. Recently released sample modelling drum machine with a sequencer. Throw in any sample and replicate it in its engine.

https://youtu.be/Ib6M5PZ5I-U?si=xbnYaxb6RJvDSwLn

So between XO and Triaz, if you don't own either and can only buy one? Main focus is easy drum programming and organization.

I have had the demo of both, but never dug into XO while I had it. I have Triaz and it sounds awesome, but I also had some hiss while the plugin was on a channel, which was weird and I haven't troubleshot it yet.

romad_20 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:39 pm So between XO and Triaz, if you don't own either and can only buy one? Main focus is easy drum programming and organization.

I have had the demo of both, but never dug into XO while I had it. I have Triaz and it sounds awesome, but I also had some hiss while the plugin was on a channel, which was weird and I haven't troubleshot it yet.
I have both XO and just recently got Triaz. I love both of them,and have been using both together. I’d probably recommend Triaz over XO because even though Xo is a lot of fun and great for experimentation, Triaz is better as a drum machine. By the way the noise in Triaz is a texture effect in the maximizer on the master channel

ChanceB wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:51 am
romad_20 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:39 pm So between XO and Triaz, if you don't own either and can only buy one? Main focus is easy drum programming and organization.

I have both XO and just recently got Triaz. I love both of them,and have been using both together. I’d probably recommend Triaz over XO because even though Xo is a lot of fun and great for experimentation, Triaz is better as a drum machine. By the way the noise in Triaz is a texture effect in the maximizer on the master channel
Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”