Arturia FX Rack Concept

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, everyone! Decided to make this concept today, because I recently became an owner of FX Collection 3 (4 is too expensive right now for me). I think this is how it should look, although thinking now I'd also probably add a search feature to it.

I'm a big fan of Soundtoys Effect Rack and wish Arturia did a similar thing. It would be very easy to chain plugins in such a fashion.

Hope you guys like it!

I'm hoping this will come. In fact, I'm hoping they go further & turn all the elements of all their synths & FxXinto one giant modular, similar to what Softube do with their synths & FX inside Modular
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

If they were going to go down that road, then I say go all out! Things like:
  • Serial/Parallel/Multiband signal paths
  • Global modulators (LFO's, audio triggered Envelopes)
  • Individual plugin wet/dry mix, with separate global wet/dry
  • Input/Output gain on each slot for creative gain staging
..or do semi-modular FX building blocks that can be patched together in a WYSIWYG interface. I'm thinking like Metaplugin or Chow DSP's BYOD.

Something fun! Something not easily done in our DAWs.

Actually sounds like something Arturia could do at some point.

Cool idea, and i also really like the Soundtoys Effectrack. So much so that i always use it even if using just single effects.

We need something that blends Waves Studiorack, with Soundtoy's Effectrack and Kilohearts Snap Heap :)

A rack that does modular, multiband and parallel!

God I hate these! :lol:

All joking aside I totally see the appeal (I secretly desire the same for D16's effects), but then again it's always another layer to access and even when going to that extra length it's never really sufficient. The best is imo clearly Waves' StudioRack and even this is lacking since it doesn't have modulators (at least not yet).

What it comes down to after all is that what you seek is functionality the host should actually provide.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

ians wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:49 pm I'm hoping this will come. In fact, I'm hoping they go further & turn all the elements of all their synths & FxXinto one giant modular, similar to what Softube do with their synths & FX inside Modular
That would be pretty amazing actually.

Come on Arturia, get to it!

I can see the rack thing working, It would be great if it also had a small form 500 rack style UI as well. Just so it can take up less screen real-estate when needed, without having to shrink the whole UI down to something microscopic.

Is this just a major benefit for people who don‘t own Live, Bitwig or FL, where you can easily group effects in a parallel and serial way together already today and even define macro controlers over them? I mean, before I rely on racks just consisting of Fx from one brand, I would rather be able to combine all Fx, I own.

I totally see the benefit for Kilohearts‘ snap system to combine small pieces to a bigger whole. For Arturia case, for sure it would be nice, but there would be bigger wishes from my side (integrate all filters and fx in Pigments :D :D :D :D )

Even if you do own a rack based DAW, putting these fx in a VST rack allows presets for the combined fx that are not DAW specific.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SamDi wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:45 pm Is this just a major benefit for people who don‘t own Live, Bitwig or FL, where you can easily group effects in a parallel and serial way together already today and even define macro controlers over them?
I'm generally with you on preferring to mix and match as needed, but some folks like the curated FX Chain presets that cane come in an FX Rack system. Even if just bog-standard serial FX processing with no special macros or parallel/multiband processing. You've got things like the Sound Toys Effect Rack, PSP's Infini Strip, IK's Mixbox.

Hm, I guess an implementation would look like Analog Lab then, where you could open a bunch of chains, but you can only edit these, which you own.

Get Mulab and combine any vst you want wioth their native GUIs
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Great mockup Wayford!

I'm a big fan of Soundtoys Effect Rack, it's actually the only FX suite I use now-a-days. It's so versatile and besides the ridiculous amount of awesome sounding presets, and the fact that you can stack and mix-and-match the plugins, I actually use them individually as well. So it works both ways - and it's so much cheaper than getting them separately.
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:25 pm Get Mulab and combine any vst you want wioth their native GUIs
I think the point is that with Arturia's own solutions - presets are not DAW-related. They can be shared among people and used in any DAW. There are solutions like BlueCat Patchwork and few others but the point is to have a chain of presets not related to DAW

Return to “Effects”