Tracktion Waveform 13

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah everything seems to be working now. Just finished watching the 4 videos on the clip launcher. I've always written in DAW's using the arrange view myself but I can see why people like the clip launch way of working in Ableton, Bitwig, etc. Seems useful for generating ideas and riffing.

I already dialed in an interface/colorscheme I really like and this Wavetable synth seems really cool. They also added support for 2 more of my midi controllers which is nice but I haven't connected them to see how well they integrate. I'll have to mess around more after dinner and explore. So far so good though
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Does anyone know who developed the new Wavetable synth in Waveform 13?

It would be either Dave or FigBug.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Thanks. I thought it might have been Wolfram Franke, as he did some plugins for them.

chk071 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:36 pm Thanks. I thought it might have been Wolfram Franke, as he did some plugins for them.
It was Roland (AKA Figbug) https://socalabs.com/
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Thanks. :tu:

Yeah He did a really good job on this one. I'm a huge fan of Biotek 2 and of course some of the Third party stuff like Novum by Dawesome but this wavetable synth sound nice for being included in the Pro version.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

It definitely looks interesting. Nice feature set, and the GUI is good too.

Maybe will be boring for some people, but, I think these kind of synths are popular for a reason. ;) Lots of sonic power combined with ease of use.

Watchful wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:32 pm It would be either Dave or FigBug.
Yes, it's from Roland (FigBug) indeed:

https://socalabs.com/synths/wavetable/

It's basically just the typical thing they do @Tracktion HQ in that they bundle plugins that are already available for free with slight alterations...

edit: ah, operandx beat me to it.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Tracktion 2 was the first DAW I ever used way back in 2006. I paid for a few upgrades and tried Waveform but like many others I had multiple stability/plugin issues each time I tried it again over the years. Hoping they have finally gotten past all of that.

This was really starting to tick all the boxes here, then I tried to create an Automation clip, really surprised at a few things they have prioritised over automation clips, I assumed that was just the accepted best way to do automation nowadays, back to Reaper again.
Duh

Clip launcher, a great addition.

Is the VST issue resolved with the pro version 13?

If this daw is stable and the bugs criticized by some users are fixed, this daw becomes very interesting.

An alternative to Live for the clip launcher feature.

Trancer wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:03 am

Is the VST issue resolved with the pro version 13?

What do you mean 'VST issue'?
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

the piano roll is quite usable once you realize that the MIDI tools are only switched for the duration of the press. I don't know if it was like this before, but cheers

and someone could have mentioned that you need to register from demo mode to trial for the 'Return cursor to start position when play stops'. That took another quarter of an hour of my time
Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 11.18.58.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

VST scanning issues and bugs in other versions of Waveform.

I'm just repeating user comments.

If the Pro 13 version is fully functional, it interests me greatly.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”