AudioThing Dub Filter - King Tubby’s High Pass Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dub Filter

Dub Filter is a filter plugin modeled after King Tubby’s iconic Big Knob, a passive high-pass filter with eleven frequency steps from 70Hz to 7.5KHz. This filter defined the sound of the entire “roots” era of Jamaican music.
We have also included two modulation sources, LFO and Envelope Follower, to enhance the creative possibilities of the plugin, from rhythmic pulsations to organic filter movements.

Dub Filter is free for previous owners of our discontinued product Dub Station.
If you own Outer Space and/or Springs, you can get an additional discount. Check your user area.

Dub Filter is available for MAC, PC, and LINUX (VST, VST3, AU, AAX, CLAP, 64-bit only), and also as AUv3 and Standalone on the App Store.

Details:
  • Intro Price: $/€ 29 (full $/€ 59 on April 30, 2024)
  • Stepped High Pass Filter
  • LFO modulation with multiple waves
  • Envelope Follower modulation
  • Non-linearities and Inductance controls
  • Resizable Window
  • Preset system with randomizer
  • Brightness and Contrast Controls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cLa4JFAEw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmc8b_sBuak

iOS App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dub-filte ... 6478895441
Product Page: https://www.audiothing.net/effects/dub-filter/
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Is this is a spiritual successor to Alborosie Dubstation.
Last edited by clivestretch on Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks!

Aha - I wondered what you guys were cooking up to replace Dub Station. Nice one, and many thanks for the free upgrade for previous owners, very generous ! :tu:

clivestretch wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:38 pm Is this is a spiritual successor to Alborosie Dubstation.
I noticed they did not say that name explicitly... but yes, it's the successor, albeit without the delay and reverb sections.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:50 pm
clivestretch wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:38 pm Is this is a spiritual successor to Alborosie Dubstation.
I noticed they did not say that name explicitly... but yes, it's the successor, albeit without the delay and reverb sections.
Why remove delay and reverb? I really like the original.

clivestretch wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:52 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:50 pm
Why remove delay and reverb? I really like the original.
I don't have a scooby, tbh.

Personally, I didn't use the inbuilt delay or spring in ADS, I usually put those on separate sends, but the old version didn't stop working, you can still use it.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:04 pm Personally, I didn't use the inbuilt delay or spring in ADS, I usually put those on separate sends, but the old version didn't stop working, you can still use it.
Good point.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:48 pm Aha - I wondered what you guys were cooking up to replace Dub Station. Nice one, and many thanks for the free upgrade for previous owners, very generous ! :tu:
+1
Intel CoreI7, ASUS mobo, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, Win10 64-bit

It's not like we removed the echo and the spring reverb, we had to discontinue the Dub Station plugin last year, but we always had in mind to release the filter section as a separate plugin. We actually improved the internal design and added many more controls to it. Yes, Dub Station will keep working forever, as long as you meet the system requirements of the last update.

Looks great, will get my hands on it this weekend, thanks for this! Really appreciate that you are replacing the previous plugin with this for those of us that have that license. Thanks, AudioThing!

audiothing wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:44 pm Dub Filter is free for previous owners of our discontinued product Dub Station.
If you own Outer Space and/or Springs, you can get an additional discount. Check your user area.ct Page:[/b] https://www.audiothing.net/effects/dub-filter/
Thank you very much :party:

audiothing wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:44 pm

Dub Filter is free for previous owners of our discontinued product Dub Station.
If you own Outer Space and/or Springs, you can get an additional discount. Check your user area.
very good surprise ! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :party:
**dark music for dark lovers**

DMG68 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:51 pm Looks great, will get my hands on it this weekend, thanks for this! Really appreciate that you are replacing the previous plugin with this for those of us that have that license. Thanks, AudioThing!
It was the right thing to do. Actually, it's not really replacing, as we will not remove the previous license. Dub Station, as with any other products we have so far, can be used forever as long as you keep the same system requirements (and keep a copy of the offline license).

I got a friend that will probably go straight for this. Looks good.

Return to “Effects”