Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 is NOT fully backwards compatible! FAQ is wrong + PROOF + Support sucks!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi guys, so i wrote with Spectrasonics' support on and on and it gets now tedious is just bad.... i proved them that Omnisphere 2 has BIG backwards compatibility issues and they tell me always something different, i proved them with videos that something is wrong. also that their LEgacy Granular option is also not correct. and another issue with Waveshaping presets that these often sound different. then they tell me the settings are different in my project, BUT I GOT THE SAME PROJECT loaded with omni 1 and 2 UNALTERED how can the settings be different, i also showed them the video and sent the project file. it gets annoying to the point that i think they try to not commit the issues.

Waveshaper
Omni1
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3k4l8u2u ... yismk&dl=0

Omni2
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qz1u6za6 ... w3fp1&dl=0

Granular
Omni1
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/fis6pcxh ... eeqb3&dl=0

Omni2
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3nd25hli ... y2kou&dl=0

i switched off all the external effects in Granular example cause of crappy IKM, so not the white noise comes in always (i deleted these shit plugins, replaced them) cause i cannot authorize the old versions anymore.

so you hear these are different sounding, i think i need to move on, im so disappointed by Spectrasonics' support that they are relly unprofessional and dont provide solutions and dont answer to my direct questions and proven problems.

a warning to everyone having old presets/projects! these are only 2 examples, they also change in the choir section some patches and renamed them, so if your choir sounds different you need to replace it with another choir soundsource, i found that out by accident myself. really bad!

EDIT
for anyone not wanting to scroll through the topic, here is the latest update

UPDATE, now i can confirm Spectrasonics support is some kind of automatic replies or a bot or the one i wrote doesnt give a crap, as he never answers my questions correctly, he still didnt answer how i can adjust the WAVESHAPING settings in Omnisphere 2 when omnisphere 2 has more settings than 1. he said one time to adjust the settings to the same as Omnisphere 1 of the SAME preset :D wtf? they clearly play around with me i guess.

the response after i sent them the original project file of one ot the preset problem which they can open themselves

"Thank for that project file.

What I was hoping to get if possible, would actually be the two different versions of the patch – one from Omnisphere 1, and one from Omnisphere 2.

I can do a side-by-side comparison of the changes that occurred in the interface that are causing the different sounds.

From the videos, the sound is different, however, after our team testing your previous patches, they found that there were modifications made to the patch between the one used for Omnisphere 1 to the one that was opening in Omnisphere 2. Once the patch settings were matched, the sound was the same.

I can test the patches if you have the same one from each version of Omnisphere and try and identify which parameter changes account for the difference.

Thanks,
"

so yeah their support sucks, i bought everything from Spectrasonics but this clearly is a piss poor performance. i get template responses without any logic at all. i sent them the projects the prests of Omnisphere 1 and 2 (i only opened omnisphere 1 on my notebook and omnisphere 2 on my pc with the same project file! unaltered) i send them pics and videos. and they still send me such bullshit and i asked them already these in the whole mails.
1. if they send me automatic premade replies?
2. why they cannot open the project themselves with omnisphere 1 and 2?
3. how my patch can be different when i just re-saved the patches unaltered?
4. how they ignore my 2 videos?
5. how they can ignore my pictures where i made side by side comparisons (their job)?

they said for a 3rd example (not posted here) Omnisphere 2 has different REDUCER settings
Omni1

Omni2

i asked them ok, where can you see the REDUCER settings in Omnisphere 1? :D
no reply on this.
You see that Omni1 has Depth, Mix, OSC and Gain, they are the same (OF COURSE!) in Omni2 . so where is the REDUCER setting in Omni1 ? :D where does he see the REDUCER setting is different when there is none?

you know what this is bullshit!

this is what i mean, the same shit they tell me about GRANULAR Problems, that something is different in the Granular showcase and nothing is different in the settings.
they tell me hey this is an apple and i say, no this is an orange, no this is an apple.

so no i dont expect anything so old and years ago to be 100% fully compatible but as ZVENX pointed out DONT STATE THIS ON YOUR FAQ and DONT say something which isnt true.

FAQ from Spectrasonics
When opening older projects which use sounds from Omnisphere 1, will they load the same?
Absolutely - it is still Omnisphere! Version 2 is fully backwards compatible with version 1 projects.

Will custom saved patches/multis be negatively affected when upgrading to Omnisphere 2?
No. They will open and operate the same as always.

Will third party patches be negatively affected when upgrading to Omnisphere 2?
No. All third-party Omnisphere v1 libraries are fully compatible with Omnisphere 2.

------------------------
Prove me wrong, if i did a mistake or DONT see that there is really a different setting hey im saying sorry but if not i proved this is incorrect what they state and dont show efforts at all. i hit a weak spot and showcased them that i found issues and that Omnisphere 2 IS NOT fully backwards compatible so they seem to try to just piss me off i guess. and for this SUPPORT should be there, saying "hey customer this and that setting is incorrect, adjust it like that" and not telling me a setting which isnt there lol and checking themselves why their plugin is acting incorrectly.

so yeah 3 warnings to everyone:

1. OMNISPHERE 2 is NOT fully backwards compatible - Spectrasonics clearly is incorrect, fake NEWS! lol

2. their support sucks for this case

3. do export STEMS and dont expect point 1. and dont expect help from support.

if somebody says im trolling, check the facts. as a customer i found issues with facts where a company states wrong facts.
Last edited by Caine123 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Omnisphere 2 has been out for nearly 9 years now

I am not really worried about backwards compatibility from 9 years ago.

If I had any Omnisphere 1 patches that I cared about I would just sample them and load the sample into Omnisphere 2 or HALion7

It's really not that hard.

Omnisphere 2 is an amazing program. It's one of my favorite instruments.

IvyBirds wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 am Omnisphere 2 has been out for nearly 9 years now

I am not really worried about backwards compatibility from 9 years ago.

If I had any Omnisphere 1 patches that I cared about I would just sample them and load the sample into Omnisphere 2 or HALion7

It's really not that hard.

Omnisphere 2 is an amazing program. It's one of my favorite instruments.
yup mine too, thing is they told me it is backwards compatible (i never trust this sentence!) and i showed them the stuff, still they state it... this is what sucks, if they would have told me, yeah sadly this can happen or whatever i would move on, but with my videos and also sent them the presets they tell a total different thing like the presets are different in Omni2 which is just wrong. i showed them screenshots and videos and they somehow ignore the facts.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Are you sure you can't find one good sounding preset out of the 14,000 presets in V2? and still want that V1 sound exact in V2.
I think you tried to tease them after finding some thing and they did not care..
Regards.
maanga

maanga wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:07 pm Are you sure you can't find one good sounding preset out of the 14,000 presets in V2? and still want that V1 sound exact in V2.
I think you tried to tease them after finding some thing and they did not care..
Regards.
i dont understand what nonsense you wrote. these are crucial examples, there are many more of my own presets which are loaded very different in Omnisphere 2. imagine you bought soundsets and now theysound different.

stay on topic instead of writing such nonsense thx

I remember relatively soon after the release of Omni 2, Spectrasonics fixed a couple of legacy compatibility issues in a dot update. Trouble for me was I’d designed a patch in bug mode of Omni 2 and I couldn’t get it to sound the same or as good in the fixed version! Solution for me - I loaded the patch on the laptop which was running the earlier version, and rendered the part as audio.

Imagine the chaos if they changed anything now after 9 years of people all over the world designing patches just to make one person happy that it was still compatible with Omni 1. It’s absurd. Yes, even the legacy modes - people design Omni 2 patches with them too.

This ship has well and truly sailed, and they shouldn’t now touch a thing.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:06 pm I remember relatively soon after the release of Omni 2, Spectrasonics fixed a couple of legacy compatibility issues in a dot update. Trouble for me was I’d designed a patch in bug mode of Omni 2 and I couldn’t get it to sound the same or as good in the fixed version! Solution for me - I loaded the patch on the laptop which was running the earlier version, and rendered the part as audio.

Imagine the chaos if they changed anything now after 9 years of people all over the world designing patches just to make one person happy that it was still compatible with Omni 1. It’s absurd. Yes, even the legacy modes - people design Omni 2 patches with them too.

1. this i fully understand and if support would tell me it like you i would be "yeah thats life and my fault also not to have made Stems" but what i dont like is they say stuff which is totally not true like the settings are different in Waveshaper where they are the same, or a soundsource was changed and they say the lfo is different. this is just pure nonsense.

2. you sadly cannot install specific versions cause of the Online DRM mostly anymore.

3. so yeah i already moved on and adjusted the patches and projects but i just wanted to see waht they write and maybe if they have some fix.just not talking to the point and facts lol

Caine123 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:15 pm this i fully understand and if support would tell me it like you i would be "yeah thats life and my fault also not to have made Stems" but what i dont like is they say stuff which is totally not true like the settings are different in Waveshaper where they are the same, or a soundsource was changed and they say the lfo is different. this is just pure nonsense.
You obviously have a working copy of version 1, so I don't see what the issue is. Just use it. If it's patches you want just sample them

Every time I create a new patch in any synth that I like, hardware or software, or any preset that I like, my workflow now is to launch HALion7 and use the semiautomatic sampling feature and sample it. It's dead simple and then not only does it build a new multi sample patch but it also saves the samples themselves as standard WAV files, which means moving forward I can use them in anything

Plus once it's a wav file I can load it into HALion, Falcon, Omnisphere, TALsampler, Pigments, any of the Arturia Samplers, or Kontact and mangle it into something else entirely which I can then (you guessed it) sample again in HALion7

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:06 pm I remember relatively soon after the release of Omni 2, Spectrasonics fixed a couple of legacy compatibility issues in a dot update. Trouble for me was I’d designed a patch in bug mode of Omni 2 and I couldn’t get it to sound the same or as good in the fixed version! Solution for me - I loaded the patch on the laptop which was running the earlier version, and rendered the part as audio.

actually i just checked some of the projects which are faulty sounding in Omnisphere 2 2015 and with recent Omnisphere 2. seems i got the same buggy version used cause there are about 10 projects where the sounds are different sounding in the new version of Omnisphere 2. cause iused Omnisphere 2 immediately 1-2 weeks later when it came out.

Omnisphere 2 is mostly like a new synth. Not if you can't expect a real backward compatibility

I am a big unapologetic Spectrasonics fan boy, bu tI am with Caine on this one.

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/ ... re-faq.php
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 10.23.21 AM.jpg
Although technically they say 'load' not 'sound' the same.. hmmm

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:25 pm I am a big unapologetic Spectrasonics fan boy, bu tI am with Caine on this one.

https://www.spectrasonics.net/products/ ... re-faq.php
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 10.23.21 AM.jpg

rsp
oh wow didnt know this quote zvenx! thanks a lot, so then, imma annoy them further. they shouldnt state something like that if it isnt true. my 2 videos show the facts! and i got some more examples i could upload with 100% proof.

Not sure if it will change anything but I think you have a valid point (though harassing them about it may not be the best approach).
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:25 pm
Indeed

zvenx wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:46 pm Not sure if it will change anything but I think you have a valid point (though harassing them about it may not be the best approach).
rsp
i wont harass them no worries ;). just would love to get some specific replies instead of getting out of my way replies and just stating the wrong facts. i ask A and they reply B. this is nonsense. as i said i have accepted the loss of my old sounds as it is just too time consuming but still with about 20 projects where i got a few sounds which i really liked how they sound in my old exported mp3s im kinda bummed i dont get near them so i asked them how to get back the sound as the backwards compatibility isnt given 100%.

Return to “Instruments”