UPDATED: Zynaptiq Morph3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zynaptiq wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:30 pm
woodsdenis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm VPro 301

Strange bug when trying to load wav into the modeller, the only reliable way is to got to the edit screen for modeller (3 dots) and load wav file from there, if you do that then you cannot see any of the modeller presets if you want to use them, the folder looks blank ??? The way out is to open a factory preset that loads a modeller, this seems to reset the plugin back to first state.
That is a strange one, indeed. That would be vst 3 in Cubase 13?
woodsdenis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm Got another in Live 12 which crashed it every time after using Morph 3 on a track and then resampling the output, after resampling Live 12 crashed when doing anything with the re enable automation stuck on, removing Morph 3 fixed it
For this, we have a fix in the next dot update – it seems that Live 12 makes some requests even on disabled plugins, which M3PRO ignored as it was thinking "well, I'm OFF, am I not?". The thing is that this seems to happen only when there is a DISALED instance of MORPH 3 PRO.
woodsdenis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm Mac 12.7.4 AU in Live12 and vst3 in Cubase 13, hope this helps
Yes, thank you – what type of machine is it?
Hi Denis

Mac Studio (2022) M1 Max/ Yes vst3 in Cubase running in native mode
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:33 pm Mac Studio (2022) M1 Max/ Yes vst3 in Cubase running in native mode
Thank you! I seem to remember some reports of issues on the MAX systems, but we never ran into any of them – we'll investigate!
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

bitwig last v but same on ableton and macbook m2 pro on sonoma 14.2.1

zynaptiq wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:19 pmThen go for MORPH 3. It's still a HUGE leap from v2 – I'm sure once you actually look at what you're getting you'll agree.
We made a decision to put as much cool stuff in as we could to make the best possible product. More stuff obviously means more invest means more $. Then, we realized that the sheer amount of stuff was starting to make it too expensive for artists and hobbyists, as opposed to large film/game studios, sample manufacturers etc, who on average prefer function over price....so we split it into MORPH 3 and MORPH 3 PRO.
What are the exact differences between the classic algorithm on Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro ?, because i morphed the same vocal with the same song on Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro and i set both plugins to 100% morphing.

The Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro classic algorithm sounds 100% identical to me on both of the saved recordings, and i don't hear any differences / improvements between the Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro classic algorithm.

I am just curious what the differences are ?, because i only care about using the classic algorithm for morphing vocals with songs, because the classic algorithm works / sounds better than all of the other morphing algorithms on Morph v3 Pro for that type of morphing, because i tested all of the other morphing algorithms on Morph v3 Pro with the same vocal and the same song.

if the Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro classic algorithm are 100% identical, then i personally don't see any benefit in upgrading to Morph v3 or Morph v3 Pro, because i don't care about the other morphing algorithms, the modeler module and the transients module.

Warped Effect wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:14 am
zynaptiq wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:19 pmThen go for MORPH 3. It's still a HUGE leap from v2 – I'm sure once you actually look at what you're getting you'll agree.
We made a decision to put as much cool stuff in as we could to make the best possible product. More stuff obviously means more invest means more $. Then, we realized that the sheer amount of stuff was starting to make it too expensive for artists and hobbyists, as opposed to large film/game studios, sample manufacturers etc, who on average prefer function over price....so we split it into MORPH 3 and MORPH 3 PRO.
What are the exact differences between the classic algorithm on Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro ?, because i morphed the same vocal with the same song on Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro and i set both plugins to 100% morphing.

The Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro classic algorithm sounds 100% identical to me on both of the saved recordings, and i don't hear any differences / improvements between the Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro classic algorithm.

I am just curious what the differences are ?, because i only care about using the classic algorithm for morphing vocals with songs, because the classic algorithm works / sounds better than all of the other morphing algorithms on Morph v3 Pro for that type of morphing, because i tested all of the other morphing algorithms on Morph v3 Pro with the same vocal and the same song.

if the Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro classic algorithm are 100% identical, then i personally don't see any benefit in upgrading to Morph v3 or Morph v3 Pro, because i don't care about the other morphing algorithms, the modeler module and the transients module.
I think the classic algorithms are the same across both v2 and v3, the new version adds some new capabilites and algorithms but does not throw away the old algorithms

Warped Effect wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:14 am if the Morph v2 and Morph v3 Pro classic algorithm are 100% identical, then i personally don't see any benefit in upgrading to Morph v3 or Morph v3 Pro, because i don't care about the other morphing algorithms, the modeler module and the transients module.
They are supposed to be identical, all v2 algorithms are designed to behave exactly the same (why would anyone want to miss his favorite sound, or have to re-learn when to use which algorithm?).

HOWEVER

1) You can switch the plugin to double precision mode, this gives the v2 algorithms a nice detail boost, and

2) in combination with the transient bypass it can perform better than before. You should really check these out.
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Hey all,

quick update – we've extended the Early Access phase by ten days to April 25th.

Ok what about for owners of the bundle?

zynaptiq wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:03 pmThey are supposed to be identical, all v2 algorithms are designed to behave exactly the same (why would anyone want to miss his favorite sound, or have to re-learn when to use which algorithm?).

HOWEVER

1) You can switch the plugin to double precision mode, this gives the v2 algorithms a nice detail boost, and

2) in combination with the transient bypass it can perform better than before. You should really check these out.
I agree 100% that Morph v2's classic algorithm is perfect the way it is and it doesn't need changing.

However, i don't care about Morph v3 Pro's double precision mode or transient module / enhancement features in general, because back in 2017 i figured out a good trick for enhancing Morph v2's morphing performance / intelligibility with vocals and preserving Morph v2's original sound, by simply chaining together Morph v2 and a Dolby 361A enhancer plugin called SKnote DolA.

I also mainly use Morph v2 in Real-Time for morphing my voice with popular songs / mp3's (because it's funny hearing strangers reactions on voice chat platforms), and Morph v3 Pro's transient module adds more latency and cpu usage, while Morph v2 and the Dolby 361A enhancer plugin chained together in my DAW are very light usage, and it doesn't add any extra latency and it does enhancing better than Morph v3 Pro's double precision mode or transient module.

Dolby noise-reduction system / Dolby A
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_noi ... em#Dolby_A
Last edited by Warped Effect on Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The sidechain seems non-existent in Bitwig. Is there a reason for that?

Division Monarchy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:54 am The sidechain seems non-existent in Bitwig. Is there a reason for that?
viewtopic.php?p=8876438#p8876438

I upgraded to Morph3 Pro a few days ago and it's a huge step up from V2. Any word on an UnChirp sale?
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

I wish we could select FFT size it would help extend the sound design possibility a lot !!!!

+1 on this

Yeah when you look at alexander panos stuff it sounds pretty dope for the price but only ableton since its m4l
https://payhip.com/b/h9l7V
I kinda love the sound of it

Return to “Effects”