One Synth Challenge #182: Charlatan 3 by BlauKraut Engineering / karrikuh (Voting Started!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... llenge-182

Vote Here (Please Make an Account if you have not):

Here's How Voting Works:
  1. Register here at this site, or login here if you've previously registered for voting, but make sure to *Read the Rules for voting*
  2. Listen to all the amazing tracks of the month, and comment on Soundcloud
  3. All tracks are scored from 1 to 5, by dragging them over. It will take a moment for the audio to load. If you're having trouble hearing noise, try refreshing. OSX Safari is not well supported, recommend Chrome/edge/brave/opera or Firefox atm. PM me if having major issues.
  4. **YOU MUST score ALL tracks by the end of the day on the 15th, and if you don't fully vote, you are disqualified for a prize**
  5. Please make a post that you have voted
  6. Most importantly... have fun!

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge:
It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Help the developer with feedback here:
KVR support / development thread

Submissions:
Will show up here once voting starts (n/a):

This Month's Synth:
Charlatan 3 is one of the greatest synths of all time. There's not much to be said, just try it and have a blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO9NI-B061k

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): Additional Bonus Prize!
  • For the highest Single Instance entry in the top 5 a cash bonus of $50. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)
  • Yuli Yolo Sound Design - Top 3 winners may claim a soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters.
  • discoDSP - Top 5 winners may claim a 50% discount coupon for discoDSP software. (Limited time only) (*New*)

Touch The Universe : **New Prize!!!*** Winner has option to receive 50 banks, totaling $1000 USD!!!

Red Rock Sound : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of any plugin

NUSofting : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of either Sinmad or Echobis

nakst : **New Prize** 1 copy of Altitude (A FL Studio / CLAP format synth only. *Not VST / Standalone*)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: 1x NFR license of either Bioscape or the new Lunaris 2 (or two soundsets of choice)

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : *NEW* 12 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

Newloops.com : any 3 sound packs of choice (excluding bundles)

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Falcon Iterata X subscription or any two soundsets of your choice (Updated Prize!)

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Wed May 01, 2024 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Is this an April fools? :)

No mac still?

Negoba wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:39 pm No mac still?
Karrikuh needs a Mac to build it. And code probably needs some tweaks to run fine on Apple Silicon. Isn't it an OSC contest enough to create sinergies to build a Mac one?
There's a thread about the development of C3
viewtopic.php?p=8878263#p8878263

Really nice synth! :D

Thanks to Charlatan I came up with this idea just now when trying it for the first time :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/april-fools
Fusion

Are there any specific rules for "single instance" entries, or is it pretty much self-explanatory?

I was a big fan of the first version. Curious to look at it. The UI looks sexy.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Vospi wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:01 pm Are there any specific rules for "single instance" entries, or is it pretty much self-explanatory?
Pretty self-explanatory: only have a single instance of the plugin loaded. Of course you can then use automation to alter the sound, etc.

I wanted to try my hand at OSC this month, but Charlatan isn't available on macOs. Too bad... :ud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUv-3w8nycU
Good news, everyone! :party:
For less than the price of a used current production standalone sampler workstation,
you can get a new windows laptop with a touchscreen that can be used for every One Synth Challenge
...and also effectively replaces multimillion dollar studios with only an entry level audio interface & monitors, an sm58, & k240 headphones! :hyper: :phones: :tu:

But don't take my word for it! - See these fabricated testimonials! :D :idea:
quick, _ake what you want in life

574X wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:45 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUv-3w8nycU
Good news, everyone! :party:
For less than the price of a used current production standalone sampler workstation,
you can get a new windows laptop with a touchscreen that can be used for every One Synth Challenge
2nd April... 3rd on some sites.

You can also go to your local library. They may have windows computers. The C stands for challenge.

I'm already liking this synth! Have fun everyone!
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Me too. Just remembering how good it was last time, and building on from there ... I already had a few ideas in the Charlatan folder from before and am working one of the ones which didn't maker it last time! Song structure with a very ambient styled backing ... sounded OK last time, sounds great this time ... but, time will tell :-)
dB

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:55 pm Really nice synth! :D

Thanks to Charlatan I came up with this idea just now when trying it for the first time :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/april-fools
Good to hear from you dude. I hope you submit something for this round. Miss your trippy stuff :)
Captain Silverpants

1) There's no presets available for this plugin?
2) Am i dumb, or there's no way to get a snare/hi-hat from Charlatan?
Ensoniq SQ1, Korg Wavestation A/D

Return to “Instruments”