Expensive Notes - Dalek Synth - Third Jam

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

redmaggott wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:49 pm Really cool.
Not only did I enjoy your tune, you gifted me a happy memory of my Gran.
She passed away in 2006 and would have celebrated her 97th birthday last week.

It was the early 1970s, and it was dinner time at my Gran's house. I was a wee boy, maybe 4 years old.
I refused to finish my meal, so Gran tried to coax me into eating a little more.

"I am a Dalek," she said in her best Dalek voice. "I'm going to eat your mashed potato."
I wasn't having that, and replied, "You bloody well won't, indeed."

She used to love telling that story.
That’s a lovely story. I’m expecting to add some samples at some stage. Pity I couldn’t sample her Dalek!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Jam number two. Now with PolyRhythms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTRk1GVj7v4
Bandcamp

Somehow you made a Dalek into a very cool instrument. My keyboard looks decidedly old fashioned in comparison.

The Dali clock is a nice touch. Very cool video. 8)

These pieces have shed a completely different light upon the planet Skaro and its inhabitants. The publicity surrounding their exploits has been needlessly negative and malicious.

Good work :)

Frantz wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:18 am Somehow you made a Dalek into a very cool instrument. My keyboard looks decidedly old fashioned in comparison.

The Dali clock is a nice touch. Very cool video. 8)
Thanks Frantz! I think using this is pretty old fashioned itself in concept. Daleks were first heard of at least 60 years ago.
Bandcamp

That looks to be a lot of fun :-D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

seismic1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 pm These pieces have shed a completely different light upon the planet Skaro and its inhabitants. The publicity surrounding their exploits has been needlessly negative and malicious.
Good work :)
Thanks Tim. I think that they would not enjoy this, I had better keep an eye on my back!
Bandcamp

folderol wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:22 pm That looks to be a lot of fun :-D
It is thanks!
Bandcamp

Here is a demo of version 3, with more polyrhythms. Okay, so it is probably Poly-meters rather than PolyRhythms. All the three main sequences have different length patterns which you can see evolving on the OLED screen. I even did some manual “sequencing” on the buttons, if you could call it that.

The jam Includes an arm Malfunction, Davros would not be happy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIUzxo4o3w8
Bandcamp

Exterminate!

Oh. Maybe not :dog:

Wait while I check the status of my maintenance agreement.

Return to “Music Cafe”