Loopcloud: searching for "Free" bugged or discontinued?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My Loopcloud subscription comes with a choice of 10 free samples/day, but searching for the "Free" tag no longer works. It just turns up samples from one pack, all of which are incorrectly labeled "Free" but actually cost more than 0 credits. Is this a bug, and if so are other people experiencing it? Loopmasters wouldn't disable searching for "Free" samples to force us to tediously go through sample packs looking for freebies would they?

I am running into the same thing. If I search free I only get a few samples but they are not free. I also checked the plans that they have and there is no mention about the 10 free samples a day with the Artist plan, or any of the other plans. If they changed this midway through my subscription then this is some shady stuff. Hopefully it is just a glitch.

wmykytiuk wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:13 am I am running into the same thing. If I search free I only get a few samples but they are not free. I also checked the plans that they have and there is no mention about the 10 free samples a day with the Artist plan, or any of the other plans. If they changed this midway through my subscription then this is some shady stuff. Hopefully it is just a glitch.
Loopcloud support got back to me... no more free sounds. They were kind enough to bury that in several paragraphs of self-aggrandizing BS. Here's an excerpt:

"However, due to the exponential growth of our sound library, we have decided to discontinue the distribution of free daily sounds. This change is intended to encourage subscribers to fully utilise their allocated monthly points and explore the full potential of our vast library of sounds."

Oh ffs....

I haven't heard back from support yet. I figured that they changed something with the subscription once I saw that the 10 free was gone from description of my plan.I am still going to call them out as shady as that was a selling point and what was in the plan when I signed up. What I think they should do, figure out what 10 samples a day is for the plan and credit points to everyone who had current plans. Doesn't have to be a one to one credit but they should have given some type of credit for the change in plan. My subscription is almost up and I will not renew it.

Nagging does not help. Y'all agreed to this:
LoopCloud EULA wrote:We reserve the right to vary these terms at any time. If you disagree with the changes in the terms you may discontinue using the service rather than accept them.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Loopcloud/Beatport almost got sued by me, but I allowed them to pay me outside arbitration instead.

When you sign a contract (a year plan) and pay for that contract term up front, then the vendor switches the contract terms, this opens them up to legal liability in most western jurisdictions.

I signed a year plan with Loopcloud back in October, then in February them switched my plan details and took away all the free samples and budget of points for them. This was one of the primary reasons I was willing to subscribe, so I immediately noticed they took them away. I sent them a threatening email using legal verbiage, to do with breach of contract, and they acknowledged -- yes, we removed the free samples AFTER you signed a deal with us. So they gave me a few free sample packs of my choice, I spent my remaining points, and I will no longer do business with Loopcloud/Beatport.

Companies lately have become SO bold! They all think they are healthcare companies I think.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”