What is the difference between HighPass and HighPass6 filters in MDynamics?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! What is the difference between HighPass and HighPass6 filters in MDynamics?

Hmmm, never noticed this, but why is the High-pass 6 called that if it's 12dB/oct? Is that just a labeling error that slipped everyone's attention?

Yes. it looks like static / mis-labelling. Remember that you can change the filer slope in the EQ Settings window too
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

The thing is, when you change the HighPass6 to 12db, then HighPass jumps to 24db. Manual says nothing about this things.

Moreover, look at this pictures. Something is not right here.

ADDED: ok, that picture looks like this, because the Q is set to the max value by default in High-Pass I had to set it to 0.71 manually. Be aware of that. In High-Pass6, the Q parameter is not working. I guess this is expected?
So this is an advanced window. But in the compressor window, there is an easy internal sidechain control. We only can guess, what settings (slope and Q) are behind those controls. I don't have Plugin Doctor. Is there a 12db filter. And what is the Q value? A max?

Igro wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:22 pm In High-Pass6, the Q parameter is not working. I guess this is expected?
I would think so. 6dB/oct pass filters never offer resonance (or at least I've never seen one with that on offer).

Return to “MeldaProduction”