What's More Important To You? The DAW, The Computer Or The Composer?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion

What's More Important ? The DAW, The Computer Or The Composer?

The DAW
20%
The Computer
13%
The Composer
67%

Total votes: 46

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I won't reveal why just yet but I chose computer. :-)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Without a piano, you have nothing to play.
Without a machine to listen to recorded sound, you cannot manipulate it.
For any artist, the tools and materials are most important to them.
You have to be able to inter-act with something outside yourself.
Silly question.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:54 am
jamcat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:42 amI want to hear Adele, not a Dell.
Does Adele write her own songs? I know she does the lyrics but I think she gets other people to write the tunes, doesn't she? I'd suggest her success has far more to do with her voice than her skills as a composer.
nah
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Michael L wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:57 pm Without a piano, you have nothing to play.
i don't own a piano :o
but i do have lots to play.

jens wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:05 pm
Does Adele write her own songs? I know she does the lyrics but I think she gets other people to write the tunes, doesn't she? I'd suggest her success has far more to do with her voice than her skills as a composer.
nah
Nice. Further searching shows my fave song of hers, Hometown Glory, has her as sole songwriter. Great singer and songwriter.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:11 pm
jens wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:05 pm
nah
Nice. Further searching shows my fave song of hers, Hometown Glory, has her as sole songwriter. Great singer and songwriter.
Yeah - but of course it's much easier to just dismiss her at once without an ounce of research.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Except my research revealed that she wrote all the songs on her first (and least successful) album but collaborated with several other writers on her subsequent records. Rolling in the Deep, for example (the only Adele song I am aware of, BTW), was co-written with some guy called Paul Epworth.

Oh yeah, there is also the fact that I asked a f**king question, I wasn't being dismissive in any way, shape or form. Of course, having asked the question, I immediately dismissed any hope of the dickheads around here being helpful in any way and looked it up myself.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Did Adele write Lovesong? :clown:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Most of the successful composers or musicians I know, dont even use a DAW or computers.

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:19 pm Except my research revealed that she wrote all the songs on her first (and least successful) album but collaborated with several other writers on her subsequent records. Rolling in the Deep, for example (the only Adele song I am aware of, BTW), was co-written with some guy called Paul Epworth.

Oh yeah, there is also the fact that I asked a f**king question, I wasn't being dismissive in any way, shape or form. Of course, having asked the question, I immediately dismissed any hope of the dickheads around here being helpful in any way and looked it up myself.
Just like this post! :tu:

The first paragraph was written by BONES. It is intelligent, thoughtful, shows a deep appreciation of factual reality, but is unsuccessful. :zzz:

The second paragraph was co-written with some guy called SHIT4BRANEZ. It lacks intelligence or actual content, but it generated a top-rated response from ME! :clap:
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

A budget so you can just play your instrument and not worry about being an engineer, producer or mixer. Locking out a nice studio is fantastic.

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:19 pm Okay, I was wrong about Adele only writing lyrics.

My bad.
Never mind mate, everyone makes mistakes.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Oh, and her “least successful album”:

“19 became a global success, reaching number one in the United Kingdom, while also reaching the top 10 in fifteen other countries, including the United States.[6][7] The album has sold over 8.5 million copies worldwide[8][9] and has also sold over 2.5 million copies in the UK to become one of the best-selling albums of the 21st century. The album was listed in the top 20 best-selling debut albums of all time in the UK.[10] “

jamcat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:28 pm Did Adele write Lovesong? :clown:
https://youtu.be/ks_qOI0lzho?si=quujM9VpOM8WMLhR

jamcat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:28 pm Did Adele write Lovesong? :clown:
No and that song sucks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”