What's More Important To You? The DAW, The Computer Or The Composer?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion

What's More Important ? The DAW, The Computer Or The Composer?

The DAW
20%
The Computer
13%
The Composer
67%

Total votes: 46

RELATED
PRODUCTS

As opposed to Love Song, which fairly rocks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_H7Qyk ... BvZmZpY2Fs
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Well, how does a song come about? And what is most important about it? :?: :?: :?:
Mmmmh, just take a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDB9BQeiQYs
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

BONES wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:19 pm Except my research revealed that she wrote all the songs on her first (and least successful) album but collaborated with several other writers on her subsequent records. Rolling in the Deep, for example (the only Adele song I am aware of, BTW), was co-written with some guy called Paul Epworth.
So what? Being Boiled was composed by two persons too and none of them even sings.
Oh yeah, there is also the fact that I asked a f**king question, I wasn't being dismissive in any way, shape or form.
Bending the truth much?
BONES wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:54 am I'd suggest her success has far more to do with her voice than her skills as a composer.
You immediately assumed that she is only writing the lyrics and has naught to do with the musical compostion at all. And there is zero reason to assume that.

Testosterone level running quite high again in this thread - as per usual.
Last edited by jens on Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

People makes noises, you may find some pleasant, some unpleasant.

That's it.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:27 am
jamcat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:28 pm Did Adele write Lovesong? :clown:
No and that song sucks.
:o
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Adele is bad at covers and that's not an insult.

She even plays the guitar!!!!

Acts like Maroon 5 and Coldplay draft in people to help write their songs nowadays I believe? U2's sound changed with the different producers

Anyways, write music in the way that benefits you the most.
I used to be Bunnyboy many many years ago

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:39 am Adele is bad at covers and that's not an insult.
Oh, that's fine. I thought you were saying the Cure sucks! :phew:

BONES wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:50 am As opposed to Love Song, which fairly rocks!
Don't you mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLC9sd2y1Lg ?

jamcat wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:41 pm Oh, that's fine. I thought you were saying the Cure sucks! :phew:
When I was 14, I thought this was shredding:

http://youtu.be/n3nPiBai66M?si=fB8wFxjIiYmSfk6l

f**k they were good last month! Best Damned show I've seen and, sadly, the last. Classic lineup and they played absolutely everything you'd want to hear, including that. But I still prefer Simple Minds.
Uncle E wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:15 amWhen I was 14, I thought this was shredding: http://youtu.be/n3nPiBai66M?si=fB8wFxjIiYmSfk6l
I was 29 when that single was released.
jens wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:20 amSo what? Being Boiled was composed by two persons too and none of them even sings.
Are you even following the thread? I think you need to go back and read it.
You immediately assumed that she is only writing the lyrics and has naught to do with the musical compostion at all.
No, that's what my research revealed. And the fact she works with several different composers tends to support my point that the composer is far less relevant to her success than her ability as a singer. It's not rocket science, I don't know why you have so much trouble following simple logic.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I was 17 yrs old when that song was released, big fan of the cure...

Checks calendar. What year is it?
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

BONES wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:07 am
You immediately assumed that she is only writing the lyrics and has naught to do with the musical compostion at all.
No, that's what my research revealed. And the fact she works with several different composers tends to support my point that the composer is far less relevant to her success than her ability as a singer. It's not rocket science, I don't know why you have so much trouble following simple logic.
Gosh, now you are really bragging about your apparent ignorance, cluelessness and sheer stupidity, aren't you? :dog:

Logic doesn't at all mean what you think it means - and the World Academy of Arts and Science is drafting a cease and desist letter as we speak to stop you from using the word "research" ever again.

A three year old of average intelligence would be able to grasp the situation better than you seem - or pretend - to do. Are you really that daft? :lol:

These are all her songs. No matter who she collaborates with, what they always end up with is an Adele song - which also means an Adele-compostion - She obviously is in full control of both her career and her catalogue.

There's is no way I can prove it, but I am rather convinced we wouldn't have this absolutely pathetically stoopid discussion if she was a guy. You are doing your best (which frankly isn't that much really after all - try to steal from a naked man's pockets :hihi:) to discredit both her abilities and achievements. The incel-community is proud of you - good boy! Here's your price - an inflatable vagina!
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:39 am Adele is bad at covers and that's not an insult.
I beg to differ. I jsut heard it for the first time and that cover is effing brilliant - she really makes the song her own.

I tried to cover Love Song myself once but completely failed (so I gave up quickly) - Robert's phrasing is just so peculiar and idiosyncratic that it's nigh impossible to nail it if you don't really feel it like that... but Adele managed to solve that obstacle by replacing Robert's with her own unique phrasing.

Now I want to have another go at it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”