Instrument to effect. Dry wet adjust.

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How to adjust the dry wet signal from an instrument to an effect in a rack when the effect plugin has no wet dry adjust? There is already the pre and post selection in the racks but I have no idea how to make adjustment how much signal is dry or wet. Thankyou.

Create a mux with the audio balance module 1 to 2 so one output goes to dry other goes to wet

Attached is a MUX preset that does the job.
It uses a Plugin Slot and an Audio Balancer.
Made a quick front panel for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I only use one method: I put the effect in a different rack (top slot), then I send the chosen instrument racks signal to the effect rack using a pre fader point above an empty slot which you can right click on to make it a send for the chosen effect rack.

Does that make sense? I can demonstrate on a video if need be.
Aka Midland Synthetics

FSM77 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:52 am I only use one method: I put the effect in a different rack (top slot), then I send the chosen instrument racks signal to the effect rack using a pre fader point above an empty slot which you can right click on to make it a send for the chosen effect rack.

Does that make sense? I can demonstrate on a video if need be.

Thanks. Yes a vid would be helpful. I will try this and see whether I can figure it out. Thanks.

mutools wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:17 pm Attached is a MUX preset that does the job.
It uses a Plugin Slot and an Audio Balancer.
Made a quick front panel for it.
Thankyou. I downloaded it and will try it out to see how it goes. So how would I load up this preset. Into any Mux? Thanks again.

You can simply drag-drop the .Mux preset file on, for example, an empty rack slot.
Then open its front panel and there you can insert the plugin-without-wet-dry, and you can use the wet-dry knob in the MUX front panel. I recommend also having a look in the modular area of that MUX so you see how it works. That way you get familiar with all flexibility of MUX Modular.

So is tried this within the modular area with the instrument going to the audio balancer and that going to the effect in another rack and another out going to the direct audio out. But not luck, Knob for the gain 2 does nothing. So still stuck. There must be or should be an easier way.

I draged it on an empty rack slot but a note came up saying that it could not be loaded.

lucknow13 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:49 pm So is tried this within the modular area with the instrument going to the audio balancer and that going to the effect in another rack and another out going to the direct audio out. But not luck, Knob for the gain 2 does nothing. So still stuck. There must be or should be an easier way.
Try again FSM77 method. Use the "Send to..." module in the Instrument Rack after your instrument.
When you open the Modular Area you will see that the Instrument Rack has an additional Audio Output (added when you inserted the "Send To... module) that you need to connect to a Rack (you create) with the Effect you want to use.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

I sent the instrument out to master and to effect rack
with the audio gain plugin in first slot with the effect just after and that seems to work.

Then again no it doesn't.

lucknow13 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:56 pm I draged it on an empty rack slot but a note came up saying that it could not be loaded.
The preset i shared is made with M9.5.29.
You're probably using the last official version M9.4.12.
So the MUX preset i shared is too new for M9.4.12. (my mistake)
So once you have upgraded to M9.5, which will be officially released soon, that preset will load fine.

You can already upgrade to the M9.5 beta via https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

Here's a video to demonstrate how I insert an effect...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBQaJKyQKA0
Aka Midland Synthetics

Return to “MUTOOLS”