Do you know anyone that woke up and turned there life around ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there everyone ,i wonder do you or did you know someone who had wasted there life for a long time, but then finally made the decision to change and better there life ?
and i dont mean just famous late bloomers ,lists that i can easily find online i mean ,is there someone who we don’t know ? or maybe someone you know ? i’m 44 now and the last 3 years mentally and physically i have been lost and i’ve started losing hope , is it time to accept fate and live a somewhat normal life? or is it possible to turn a negative life around , share stories if you can cheers people .

EDIT : i’m not just talking about making it in the music industry im
talking about going from the gutter or being a layabout to working towards a goal achieving something doesn’t matter if they become ed sheeran or gordon ramsey , did they get a business , did they get a house a well paid job they wanted live a happy life etc .
Last edited by dartfordyes on Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I have few friends that kicked the alcohol/drug thing and are doing well.
I myself left a lucrative corporate job in my late thirties to go paint houses by myself. I built a pretty good business over 5 years. Then decided I needed to crank it up a notch and bought some property in Brazil where I have lived off grid for nearly 15 years.
It is ok to jump off a cliff when things arent working. You may just learn to fly.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

dartfordyes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:21 ami’m 44 now and the last 3 years mentally and physically i have been lost and i’ve started losing hope , is it time to accept fate and live a somewhat normal life?
Are you talking about making it in the music industry or about something that is actually important? My best friend was a heroin addict for 20 years but he eventually got the shits with it and cleaned his act up. He was on the world's biggest methadone dose util the day he died but he managed to be a useful, functioning member of society for 15 years or so, before lung cancer got him.

If you are talking about making it music, I'd suggest that at 44, you've missed that particular boat.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Last August, aged 55, I changed my diet. I was aiming to lose 2 stone by Xmas. I lost 3 stone.

No gym, no exercise, just a complete change of diet. I'm still on it, not as strict, but at a steady weight for 4 months now (12 stone - 6ft tall)

Will never stop smoking or drinking...

Having doubts & regrets at age 44 simply sounds like a midlife crisis.

Some just accept the situation they are in. Others get a motorbike and/or sports car or whatever expensive toy floats their boat... like a mistress! So some get a divorce as well.

All very human and normal. Plenty of books written about it, plenty Hollywood movies made about it.

It's your life. You just have to live it :shrug:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

….
Last edited by dartfordyes on Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BertKoor wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:29 am Having doubts & regrets at age 44 simply sounds like a midlife crisis.

Some just accept the situation they are in. Others get a motorbike and/or sports car or whatever expensive toy floats their boat... like a mistress! So some get a divorce as well.

All very human and normal. Plenty of books written about it, plenty Hollywood movies made about it.

It's your life. You just have to live it :shrug:
could well be that lol thanks pal

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:29 am Last August, aged 55, I changed my diet. I was aiming to lose 2 stone by Xmas. I lost 3 stone.

No gym, no exercise, just a complete change of diet. I'm still on it, not as strict, but at a steady weight for 4 months now (12 stone - 6ft tall)

that is good man im 5.10 i’ll never get to 12 stone 14 will be a good weight for me .

dartfordyes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:38 am
seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:29 am Last August, aged 55, I changed my diet. I was aiming to lose 2 stone by Xmas. I lost 3 stone.

that is good man im 5.10 i’ll never get to 12 stone 14 will be a good weight for me .
Sugar was my vice. Lived on chocolate and crisps etc.

Now it's rice cakes and fruit. Hard first couple of weeks, but after a while, not bad.

Using honey in coffee and porridge instead of sugar was good too. Self control was the key, not my forte :hihi:

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:41 am
dartfordyes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:38 am

Sugar was my vice. Lived on chocolate and crisps etc.

Now it's rice cakes and fruit. Hard first couple of weeks, but after a while, not bad.

Using honey in coffee and porridge instead of sugar was good too. Self control was the key, not my forte :hihi:
yeah always hard first few weeks to change anything then your flying , chocolate and soda are my vices

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:58 am I have few friends that kicked the alcohol/drug thing and are doing well.
I myself left a lucrative corporate job in my late thirties to go paint houses by myself. I built a pretty good business over 5 years. Then decided I needed to crank it up a notch and bought some property in Brazil where I have lived off grid for nearly 15 years.
It is ok to jump off a cliff when things arent working. You may just learn to fly.
see this is how people succeed in my eyes even though i’ve never jumped yet
although a skeptic may say you was successful already , the bravery here in being scared and willing to fail is what makes people successfull , great story man .

@seafire
Good for you. Sugar is a killer.

It's OK to be 'normal'. More than OK. It's better. Every 'high achiever' I've encountered is actually an asshole and few-to-none of them are, or ever will be, happy. Feeding their own narcissism just makes the black hole deeper.

@dartfordyes Your path is a valid path, to my mind. Your question contains its own answer. Best of luck, though it may not even be needed :).

Agree with the above for most part. Find the happiness within and everything else is easy to digest. Happiness that is derived from external sources is usually temporary at best.
Its harder than it looks but easier than it sounds.

Protocol_b wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:59 pm Every 'high achiever' I've encountered is actually an asshole and few-to-none of them are, or ever will be, happy.
Yep, the 'boat' that Bones mentioned is full of those asshats.
Build your own raft and paddle slowly I say. :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”