Do you know anyone that woke up and turned there life around ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

18 stone! You're a Bones and a half!

BONES wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:36 pm
seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:41 amSugar was my vice...
... Using honey in coffee and porridge instead of sugar was good too. Self control was the key, not my forte :hihi:
You do understand that honey is mostly sugar, right? In fact, one tablespoon of honey contains 17g of sugar, whereas a tablespoon of sugar is only 12.5g. Fruit, of course, also contains massive mounts of sugar.

Yeah, it's natural sugars tho, not processed. I buy the most raw honey I can get from just a few streets away. You can actually buy honey in a supermarket, and when you look at the label, it says "honey based"...

A teaspoon of honey has nowhere near as many cals as white sugar. It's basically bee vomit, one ingredients.

sorry wants to get rid of the pics
Last edited by dartfordyes on Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I think we've found the problem:

fatmaker.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:04 am I think we've found the problem:

fatmaker.jpg
lol one of many my friend , but also mental problems are the main ones in weight gain.

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:13 pm
VOODOO U wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:25 pm

Mike Tyson said it best, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

The convicted rapist? Yeah, prob won't take advice from him.
Feels good does it? Pointing the fingers at others faults to hide your own shit? f**king pathetic.
I don't condone rape or anything that abuses or imposes on another. But I'll never use others' faults as an excuse to point the finger. I've got enough baggage dealing with my own issues to waste my time attempting to feel any self worth pointing fingers at others. So continue on with blinders amounting to nothing. You deserve it.

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:55 pmYeah, it's natural sugars tho, not processed.
Your body doesn't care. The only difference is that honey also contains other things that are good for your health - amino acids, antioxidants, etc. - but sucrose is sucrose and fructose is fructose, processed or not. Interestingly, both cane sugar and honey contain fructose and sucrose so they are actually quite similar.
A teaspoon of honey has nowhere near as many cals as white sugar.
Actually, it has more. A teaspoon of honey is around 21 calories, a teaspoon of sugar is only about 16 calories.
It's basically bee vomit, one ingredients.
Is there only one ingredient in your vomit? Mine might mostly be beer but there are also all the foul, hideous chemicals emitted by my digestive processes plus, of course, carrots.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

dartfordyes wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:09 am lol one of many my friend , but also mental problems are the main ones in weight gain.
Fake it till you make it works for me.

Inner dialog: "I'm a piece of s*** and no one will ever love me"
Action: Put out an ad saying "Ready to get married and start a family, not wasting any more time, will do what needs to be done to make it work."

Inner dialog: "I'm a piece of s*** and nothing ever works out for me"
Action: Find a job where there's a lot of opportunity to work extra hours, then work every minute you can until they realize how much they need you.

Inner dialog: "I'm a piece of s*** and I'll be a s***** father because my father was a piece of s***"
Action: Copy what the other good dads are doing, drop kids off early so you have time to chat with the other parents, volunteer at the school and school functions, read kids bedtime stories when you get home from work.

Result: you're married, you have kids, you have a job where you're valued and paid well, and you're the kind of dad you always wish you had.

dartfordyes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:21 am Hi there everyone ,i wonder do you or did you know someone who had wasted there life for a long time, but then finally made the decision to change and better there life ?
and i dont mean just famous late bloomers ,lists that i can easily find online i mean ,is there someone who we don’t know ? or maybe someone you know ? i’m 44 now and the last 3 years mentally and physically i have been lost and i’ve started losing hope , is it time to accept fate and live a somewhat normal life? or is it possible to turn a negative life around , share stories if you can cheers people .

EDIT : i’m not just talking about making it in the music industry im
talking about going from the gutter or being a layabout to working towards a goal achieving something doesn’t matter if they become ed sheeran or gordon ramsey , did they get a business , did they get a house a well paid job they wanted live a happy life etc .
It’s not about the actions, it’s about your thought processes.
You need to accept yourself, stop worrying and do something you enjoy with people you like. Good things will happen if you’re willing to work for it.
It can take years to get up from the gutter, but everyone can turn their lives around. It’s not about the success - it’s about piece of mind

dartfordyes wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:21 ami’m not just talking about making it in the music industry im talking about making music talking about going from the gutter or being a layabout to working towards a goal achieving something doesn’t matter if they become ed sheeran or gordon ramsey , did they get a business , did they get a house a well paid job they wanted live a happy life etc .
This might seem like a strange question but why do you feel these things are important? They certainly mean nothing to me. Most of my friends have retired and their pensions are more than I earn working a 45 hour week. They spend their days on cruise ships or travelling the world but they aren't any happier than I am. In fact, most of them are at least little envious of my retirement plans, even though I'll be living on the age pension, which is probably about 20% of what they live on. I came up with a plan, about 30 years ago, that works for me and it meant I haven't ever had to worry about achieving anything in my life, beyond surviving until I qualify for the pension (two years to go).

You need to find what makes you happy. I know plenty of people who lived the particular dream you describe and hated it. Smart guys, good guys, who've walked into one marriage disaster after another. You can't assume that because other people say they're happy that a) they really are happy or b) that what works for them will work for you. Maybe you'd be happier house-sitting all over the world? It's a real job people do and some seem to love it. Or get qualified as a barman or something, a job you can work at anywhere you happen to end up, then go travelling.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:23 amResult: you're married, you have kids, you have a job where you're valued and paid well, and you're the kind of dad you always wish you had.
Or you could look at that from the point of view that they'll have you by the balls and you'll be doing exactly what they want you to be doing like a good little sheep. You gotta do what makes you happy, not what makes them happy. And yes, "them" sound ominous but it's not really. "Them" is just everyone, collectively, and the expectations they put on us all to be productive, valued cogs in the pointless machine of which we are all unwitting parts. I've written several songs about it.

Eventually, everyone has to wake up and turn their life around at some point.
Even repetition is a form of change.......

i know some but they are all from movies

cat people
they wake up after a thousand years of sleep
to put out fire...
with gasoline
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I happen to know someone who totally turned his life around. MC Rene, a German rapper who came from my town and we were friends before he moved to Cologne to try and make a career in the music business. He had a bit of success at first. He was a show host on Viva, a German music tv channel, made some albums. But somehow his career didn't really go that well, because in the end, he worked in a call center. And that wasn't very fulfulling, of course. So he worked there for a while but then decided to change his life and break out of this boring daily job routine: He sold everything he had, gave up his flat and bought a "Bahncard 100", a train ticket for a year with which you can take any train, any time. He often slept in the trains. Met friends, tried a career as a stand up comedian, wrote a book about it, called "Alles auf eine Karte", even was on TV to talk about it and made new rap albums.

I smoked over 25 years since I was 14.
The usual story.
Hundreds of atempts to stop it,every new years postulate faild and I did continue.
On day I realised that I was thinking wrong bevor every try to stop.
I always thought: " Now I will stop smoking"
That never worked.
When you read this idea again and again and again, you will find, that this whish always includes one very wrong aspect.
TIME.
" I will......" puts in some time into the stopping to smoke.
But you want to stop right now and forever not somewhere in the future.

After I realiced that, I changed my thinking.
I thought about my selfe this way: " I AM a Non smoker"
This idea MAKES me to someone ( Non smoker), insted of wanting me to DO something ( Stop smoking, which includes TIME)

Its seems to be more easy to change what you BE, than what you DO. Or in other words, it seems to be much more importand to change your Idea of what you ARE, bevor anything about your DOING can change, so your doing has the right power behind it to change drastically.

You now. Over the days after I changed this idea, of course I feld the thirst for it.
But he...I am a Non Smoker, even if there was the thirst for it.
" I am a Non smoker", I said to my selfe and it was over after a few days.

Changing what you are seems to be a very basic aktion to change your Doing.
Just whatch what people do that want you to stop doing what your are doing and what you love to do.

They devalue what you ARE and make it small and make it out to be worthless AND somehow convince you of it.
Right?
First they destroy what you are, then you stop what you did with all that. If your Being is worthless than you doing is eather.
To be something, what ever you love to be is the very fist step to have your doing.

Think it over:)

At least for me it did work:)

May be it helps others here.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”