Unfiltered Audio Battalion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok it sounds pretty good!
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Did they still leave out their modulation system?

I'm a big fan of unfiltered audio's FX plugins. Lion didn't really do it for me outside of it's great MPE implementation. It seemed like it would be better for things like drums and simple leads and here they go with a drum synth. I'm sure I'll buy it just like I buy pretty much every drum synth that isn't a simple x0x emulator.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

It sounds like many machines in the Reaktor library since 20 years ago. It even looks like that.

I'll wait until it's $29 in 9 months.

IMG_7872.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Enjoying the trial for this right now. I've been waiting for a capable replacement for Tremor for several years, this looks like it'll make the grade.

Most obvious deficiency I can see right now is the seeming lack of per-slot presets - you can only save and load the whole kit, as far as I can tell (Tremor has/had Drum presets as well as Kit presets). However, the engines are producing very nice results for me, and that's the most important part. Modulation is a little light, but the published parameters for automation are extensive, and tbh that's what I use Bitwig Studio for in any case!

Bottom left - Voice presets - you can save the current drum

Wow this is a very cool plugin! Is there a way to make both bits of a sound be samplers or synth engines? Some things would work better with 2 layers. The modulation is really cool (though I'd always love to see more). Swapping engines is a good move to keep the parameters numbers manageable. I'd love to see a wee bit more control in the granular playback. The randomization that there is, is one knob and I've always liked to be able to control slight randomization in each parameters (size, rate, pitch) especially for drum sounds. Even if these weren't fully modulation accessable parameters it would be cool to have a wee slider under each control for per grain random.
The sequencer is really fun for jamming out. I'm don't really ever use onboard sequencing in real life though but I bet others will have love it. Am I hallucinating or is there not a switched pattern section? I made a fun sequence and then went to program something in my DAW and couldn't find where to switch battalion to an empty pattern so it wouldn't conflict with my midi. I'll keep playing with it.

It may not be enough to get me to shell out a hundred bucks, but if I didn't already have a jillion drum synth/ machines I'd be all over it.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:34 pm I'll wait until it's $29 in 9 months.
It's $29 for me now! F29! :borg:

seems it can do p-locks ?

vs. what he says at 2:42 (edit: but he is not showing it) ( no time right now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg3NfJPvbLY

I hate to be that guy but the synthesized sounds remind me a lot of Microtonic.

Synth engines and multi-out? Almost an insta-buy!
You can map multiple parameters to macros and it looks like there's p-locks...
I miss Tremor, but really miss DrumSpillage (since I had to move from Mac to PC). Next few months could just be this and Dawesome Myth :)

Return to “Instruments”