Unfiltered Audio Battalion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thelizard wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:58 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:16 am Fastest attack of 1ms , we shoud get faster if we want click-transients.
It goes down to 0 ms. Default is 1 ms to prevent click transients
Good to know :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I think the closest contender is Drumspillage by Audiospillage but sadly mac only .
Played it many moons ago on a friends mac and it sounded fantastic .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I got 'Tremor' and Sugar Bytes 'Drum computer' vibes in terms of feel of it and some of the sounds, but Battalion is way more advanced....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

am I being dense or is there no way to stop the sequencer? How are we supposed to be able to use this in a DAW if the sequencer is triggered every time your project is playing?

wilx wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 am am I being dense or is there no way to stop the sequencer? How are we supposed to be able to use this in a DAW if the sequencer is triggered every time your project is playing?
Also, no MIDI drag and drop and a single sequence?

Is it actually likely for this to be $29 in the future? I'm having a lot of fun with the demo but I could certainly wait to pull the trigger to save that much.

They waffle back and forth on policies. It’s possible $29 will not happen but it’ll probably be less in November. If someone wants the free Lion, though, the current deal is good.

cake builder wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:26 pm Is it actually likely for this to be $29 in the future? I'm having a lot of fun with the demo but I could certainly wait to pull the trigger to save that much.
I personally will never pay more than $25 for a Plugin Alliance plugin because they value them so cheaply. Within 3 to 12 months you'll almost assuredly be able to pick this up for under $30.

I spent about 1/2 an hour trying to get it to sound only a single drum hit at a time. I had
a hard time even figuring out why it was doing it. :lol:

wilx wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:10 am am I being dense or is there no way to stop the sequencer? How are we supposed to be able to use this in a DAW if the sequencer is triggered every time your project is playing?
Has anyone figured this out? It's driving me crazy. I'd like to be able to turn the sequencer completely off like you can in microtonic. The only solution I've found is to just delete every pattern manually, but that's not a real solution. I hope I'm just missing something.

No, you are not alone: I wrote to them and they gave me the solution.
Press the square STOP button when your DAW is stopped, one or more times.

So indeed, it worked (only with default preset) and for a few days now, I haven't been able to do it anymore and am in your situation where I don't know how to prevent the sequencer from starting. :drunk:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

WordClock wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:51 am Battalion has what? 26 different type of drum "engines" Sorry Microtonic is great too though for it's HUGE library of perfect loops but it's just FM based I think.

Perfect brilliant beat programming 1000's of preset drumsounds and loops in theory that are all great ones FAIK in Microtonic. Microtonic does real clever perfect loop based FM only plugin for creative "computer style" beat loops.

I love the idea of Battalion to make delicate IDM but I never honed my skill enough to make the delicate intricate polyrhythms filled with paradiddles and stuff. I do my songs real slow I might make breakthroughs if I get it.

I don't think the modulation looks hard in the least. Just dial and go. I'm planning on using Atlas, Batallion & Loopcloud & Microtonic mostly for drums & maybe some modular drum stuff.

I got lazy in music so I love using loops now.
I don't think modulation looks *hard* i'm saying you have poor overview over what you're modulating. 6 sources and what 20-30 parameters? Good luck finding what's doing what esp if you go randomising.
I also didn't imply Batallion is worse than microtonic, just that it's enough different that i don't really see them as competition/alternative. When you get microtonic's engine down it's super fast to work with, this can't ever be as fast because it's simply not designed as such (but it's far more flexible)

Any one figured out a way to chain or change patterns to make songs? This is one I may have to RFM!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

geronimo wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:39 pm No, you are not alone: I wrote to them and they gave me the solution.
Press the square STOP button when your DAW is stopped, one or more times.

So indeed, it worked (only with default preset) and for a few days now, I haven't been able to do it anymore and am in your situation where I don't know how to prevent the sequencer from starting. :drunk:
Thank you for confirming! I initially tried clicking the STOP button and was so confused. I'm glad that it at least sounds like a bug. I won't buy it unless there is a reliable option to turn the sequencer off. Just seems strange because you'd think it would be one of the first things someone would catch during beta testing. I hope there is a fix planned.

This is extremely cool, but needs more sequencer control via midi.

It needs the option to create different patterns and trigger them with the keyboard. I always liked how Geist did this with the -1 octave

Return to “Instruments”