Amp Simulation Archaeology from 2008 - Aradaz Amp 2 Green

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, something cool to share :)

If you think 16 years is a long time in the world of amp simulation, think again. But this particular amp sim, Aradaz Green Amp 2, found its way onto my album Mother Earth, with most of the solo guitars recorded using it in Cubase 4. My journey with amp simulators began with the hardware Yamaha GW10 Guitar Performance Effector floor pedal / it’s produced in 1994, I acquired mine in 1995./, followed by the Korg AX300G, AX1000G, and Korg Pandora. My first experience with PC-based amp sims likely occurred around September, ‎2002, shortly after that, I got married—though that detail isn’t directly related to the story. In September 2002, I downloaded the Gsuite plugins for the first time, https://www.simulanalog.org/guitarsuite.htm
and with my SBLive and some EMU drivers, I could record directly on my AMD PC. From there, I never looked back. Over the years, I contributed to projects like Revalver, until Aradaz emerged in 2008, showcasing new potential in amp sims world. https://aradaz.blogspot.com/2008/09/ara ... -v135.html
I went on to record a full album with it. Anyway, it’s a memorable journey when you’ve spent nearly 22 years immersed in the world of amp simulators.
And of course, Aradaz is still kicking around ;)

What is your expirence with the amp sim world in the comupers realm? What was your first ? :)

Greetings to all the ampsim nerds! :hug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWqnQ9Q7y5w
Last edited by dimitar on Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Really enjoyed your trip down memory lane! First serious one for me was Guitar Rig 4 and 5. Used Amplitude 1 and 4 a bit as well. A couple of your amps and tried just about all the free or nagware stuff. Wishful thinking but still hoping someone can make an affordable hardware vst pedal to use all the great commercial and free guitar and effect software. Get a lot of use of the old VPed unit from Mode Machines but doesn’t run newer 64 bit software. IMO great unit easy program and install stuff to.

It's great to hear about your experience with guitar software and effects! Guitar Rig 4 and 5, and Amplitude 1 and 4, have definitely made an impact on lots of musicians.
The VPed unit from Mode Machines might be a gem from the past, but its limitations with newer software versions can be a tad frustrating. A new 64 bit solution would be great. Just a quick note, I've used a laptop, interface, and MIDI controller without any problems... So, all good.... :)

I hear you. Got a ton of stuff on my pc with an audio interface but never hooked a a midi foot pedal to it. It’s ok for home recording and DAW work. Playing out of the home while collaborating with others using a commercial guitar pedal or the VPed was the most efficient. I will have to check out some of your recordings. Like the guitar amp software I got from Kansas.

I used them quite a bit too. Some years ago recently I found their old blog site (the link you posted) and went on a quest to find vintage ampsim plugins from the mid/late 2000 era to see how they still hold up.

Return to “Effects”