Buying Slate VSX without warrnaty?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying a pair of Slate VSX headphones, but unfortunately there's no dealer in my country, so basically I think I must get it from sweetwater, without warranty. I've read that older models at least tended to break. Do you think buying them without any warranty is too risky and should be avoided?

Thanks in advance

Ask Slate directly, they'll tell you.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

I bought the VSX last year and had the same hesitation, but a little research (and input from several KVR members) revealed that there was a bad batch early on that would break, but not only did Slate go above and beyond to fix the problem for free for existing customers, they addressed the issue and it is no longer a problem. They're very well constructed IMO and very much on par with my six other pairs of high end headphones from BeyerDynamic, AKG, and Sennheiser. And, yes, they really have made a noticeable improvement in my mixes and how they translate to other systems.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

legendCNCD wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:50 am Ask Slate directly, they'll tell you.
You mean I should ask them what to do in case it breaks?

(Thanks for the input cryophonik, it's good to know)

Well yeah the warranty :)

I still use my founders editions! And I think bmanic also has the 1st gen if I do not remember wrong. No sign of breakage.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 pm Well yeah the warranty :)

I still use my founders editions! And I think bmanic also has the 1st gen if I do not remember wrong. No sign of breakage.
Thanks legendCNC :tu:

I did wrote to them, and their reply was:

"VSX sold from Sweetwater has the same warranty as our other official dealers. We would honour warranty if the product was purchased from Sweetwater."

Not ideal of course, but taking into account your experience and others, it looks like a viable solution

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”