SpectrumWorx is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CinningBao wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:43 pm Oh wow, if someone could get this working there would be a LOT of happy fourier-fans ready to mangle and screw their sounds beyond intelligibility. Thank you, Danijel, from the users of the future! That is, assuming, something can be compiled from the github :)

Open-sourced on my birthday as well, what a gift! Luckily my version does still work on my clunky old system, but I really do hope it can revived and enhanced.
@CinningBao , congratz :phones: :party: I bet you spent your B-day making a new awesome Thump One preset pack :hihi: :tu:

218 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 pm
CinningBao wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:43 pm Oh wow, if someone could get this working there would be a LOT of happy fourier-fans ready to mangle and screw their sounds beyond intelligibility. Thank you, Danijel, from the users of the future! That is, assuming, something can be compiled from the github :)

Open-sourced on my birthday as well, what a gift! Luckily my version does still work on my clunky old system, but I really do hope it can revived and enhanced.
@CinningBao , congratz :phones: :party: I bet you spent your B-day making a new awesome Thump One preset pack :hihi: :tu:
Hehe, how about presets for <something new>! :)

Tiles wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:00 am My alarm bells are ringing with the mention of third party software ^^
I think, this is just about the libraries being used within the project - like this stuff:

https://github.com/LittleEndianLtd/Spec ... /3rd_party

Some math thing, some cryptography thing (I guess), some xml thing and JUCE. So this is nothing to be worried about, I think.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

nonstatic wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:53 am I hope someone will figure out how to compile a working version of this! I think the last released x64 version still had problems with some DAW's. Still a great tool though.
Last release for windows crashed pretty regularly for me on the last system I had it on (win7 64 Intel 3930k). I had it kinda stable running it inside blue cat patchwork (which also gave me simple vst3 side chaining). I really liked the "pitch magnet" for sound design stuff. It was wonderful on distorted drums. The onboard modulation was spectacular. I always wanted Spec Ops to be just a bit more hardcore so that it could cover most of the bases that Spectrumworx covers. I suppose I'll install it on my current machine and see how it goes.

Is it "free to use" in it's current open source state? Open activation of the last release etc? Someone could make a really cool spectral sampler or fft based wave table synth using these algorithms for sure if they want to dig into the source code.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”