Beta Testing of Bitwig Studio 5.2

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From a general standpoint, I feel this update is more aimed at new comers, trying to find a workstation able to do everything with nearly no other plugins necessary. This way it is easier to explain a comparatively high price. For those having already purchased external mixing and mastering tools, it is certainly less appealing (except that having choice is always nice).

I think most DAWs today try to be the "everything" DAW. Only a few like Live, FL and Bitwig can claim that imo. FL in particular is starting to do some serious things right now.

Jac459 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 pm From a general standpoint, I feel this update is more aimed at new comers, trying to find a workstation able to do everything with nearly no other plugins necessary. This way it is easier to explain a comparatively high price. For those having already purchased external mixing and mastering tools, it is certainly less appealing (except that having choice is always nice).
They increase the value of the 'non-producer' version with each development, this is why they're releasing mainly device-based developments instead of core ones. Take a look at the comparison table https://www.bitwig.com/feature-list/ which isn't a bad strategy, considering they can't release separately purchasable add-ons
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 am
Jac459 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 pm From a general standpoint, I feel this update is more aimed at new comers, trying to find a workstation able to do everything with nearly no other plugins necessary. This way it is easier to explain a comparatively high price. For those having already purchased external mixing and mastering tools, it is certainly less appealing (except that having choice is always nice).
They increase the value of the 'non-producer' version with each development, this is why they're releasing mainly device-based developments instead of core ones. Take a look at the comparison table https://www.bitwig.com/feature-list/ which isn't a bad strategy, considering they can't release separately purchasable add-ons
Considering the fact that they have excellent developers (contrary to what some people where saying), we shouldn't rule-out the fact that they could also be doing things because it is fun for them and/or because the consider they can make a difference.

Don't forget that linux users don't have the same choice about external instruments and effects plugins except u-he and a few other brands, so a workstation able to do everything is a solid choice for these clients.

tappert wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 pm
Don't forget that linux users don't have the same choice about external instruments and effects plugins except u-he and a few other brands, so a workstation able to do everything is a solid choice for these clients.
Yea but you would be straight with just Bitwig and Uhe. Dont need anything else

tappert wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:09 pm
Absolutely. Get good point actually.
Thanks for reminding me.

What really grinds my gears is that they overdid the graphics engine, and still the same bug persists.
I've bought a new license because I was excited it might be gone for good, but no...
I can't believe that any Mac user isn't bothered by the mouse cursor following whatever is underneath it even though a plugin window is above it.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 am I can't believe that any Mac user isn't bothered by the mouse cursor following whatever is underneath it even though a plugin window is above it.
That doesn't happen if the plugin is selected.

sQeetz wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 am What really grinds my gears is that they overdid the graphics engine, and still the same bug persists.
I've bought a new license because I was excited it might be gone for good, but no...
I can't believe that any Mac user isn't bothered by the mouse cursor following whatever is underneath it even though a plugin window is above it.
What?

sQeetz wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 am What really grinds my gears is that they overdid the graphics engine, and still the same bug persists.
Im mostly an Fl user and just recently started getting into Bitwig and didn’t notice this until I saw this post. The cursor changes based on where it is on Bitwig’s interface even when a plugin is open and focused,reacting to what under the plugin. Actually now that I’m looking at it it’s not just the cursor but clips are being highlighted under the plugin. Kind of irritating now that I noticed it

ChanceB wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 am The cursor changes based on where it is on Bitwig’s interface even when a plugin is open and focused
Doesn't happen for me when the plugin is focused. I'm on Mac

In German we would say, that bitwig is "eine eierlegende Wollmilchsau."
(a pig that gives you egg, milk, and wool).
artie fichelle sounds natural

pdxindy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:57 am
ChanceB wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 am The cursor changes based on where it is on Bitwig’s interface even when a plugin is open and focused
Doesn't happen for me when the plugin is focused. I'm on Mac
I’m also on a Mac,forgot to mention that part. I’m not sure I remember this problem happening before the beta update but I only recently started really using Bitwig. What does the cursor do on your end

ChanceB wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 am
Im mostly an Fl user and just recently started getting into Bitwig and didn’t notice this until I saw this post. The cursor changes based on where it is on Bitwig’s interface even when a plugin is open and focused,reacting to what under the plugin. Actually now that I’m looking at it it’s not just the cursor but clips are being highlighted under the plugin. Kind of irritating now that I noticed it
It doesn't happen to me.
I am on MacBook M2 pro, latest Sonoma.

Any specific plug in?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”