It's Back! - Behringer Vintage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vintage

So they got a company called Orastron to develop it not AAS. Weird they copied Ableton Analog then. Or maybe not weird for Beringher?
Probably the worse factory presets I've come across. If you happen to turn the volume up to hear them, 'Middle-Fandookie Swamp" will blow your ears. :shock:

The weird thing is B says in the video its price is 99 dollars. Then they say "times are hard we know etc etc so we give it away for free". It makes no f**king sense. Oh wait it does, it's virtue signaling.

Of course it's not free you have to make an account with Music Tribe so there's that.

There two pictures on the product page of a guy playing a hardware version of the synth,it’s probably fake but it’s interesting

Feels bad to use, one big clickfest that requires constant tabbing between fundamental sections. The dials lag if you move them whilst playing. But the worst thing is when you play it with the interface open it responds to your playing seemingly at random, making it virtually useless, in FL Studio at least. Why does it have enormous black borders, wasting large amounts of screen real estate? Who knows. And tbh it doesn't sound all that great. If you want a free synth there's absolutely no reason to choose this over Vital or one of the other free ones.

Ok I've got some time to kill this morning so I'll play the game.....

Downloaded and installed the .vst3. Won't even make a sound without being registered. Must register through the standalone.

Must get a reg code by signing up at MusicTribe. Attempted to create an account and have been stuck on this spinning circle for the last fifteen minutes:

Berhinger.png

Uninstalled, and cancelled the account sign up and moving on....no time for amateur developers this morning. :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Link from original email worked fine here, as did the serial.

Their site is not working very well,after some struggles I was able to create an account but the link in the verification email I got leads to a page with a endlessly spinning wheel

RugerioDelStereo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:33 pm The weird thing is B says in the video its price is 99 dollars. Then they say "times are hard we know etc etc so we give it away for free". It makes no f**king sense. Oh wait it does, it's virtue signaling.

Of course it's not free you have to make an account with Music Tribe so there's that.
Yes Virtue Signalling for sure. But also savvy marketing -- People soak this feel-good stuff up without thinking about the underlying reasons why a company is doing this.

Though I suspect it is mostly a tax writeoff / offset for later in the year. Claim the software is worth 99 dollars and record the downloads. Or something like that. Cha-ching.

lol they changed the logo they stole from TubeOhm Vintage vst

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:49 pm
RugerioDelStereo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:33 pm
How much money does it cost to do that?
In this case you "pay" with your personal information. Technically it does not cost you money but it does cost you.

So free then. Move on.

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:49 pm
RugerioDelStereo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:33 pm
How much money does it cost to do that?
How much is your time and data worth ?

seafire wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm :wink:
So free then. Move on.
Nothing is free in our world today…
They need your data to download it - in my books it’s not free 😉

Freeware = here's the plugin or installer, nothing else needed.

Dataware = you must give them your data in order to get the plugin.

I used a junk email account and a fake name so no personal data lost but there is a difference between freeware and dataware.

Anyway I imagine the MusicTribe site is getting hammered right now which would explain the failure or delay in sign ups.

It would have been nice if the plugin would at least work in demo mode to see if it was worth jumping through hoops to get registered. But if the idea is to simply grow the MusicTribe database then it is apparently working as planned.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”