One DAW as your only environment/instrument(s)?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Saying one would like to just put one thing on their computer to make it their music workstation and without having to add any other plug-in, which DAW would that be?

None.

obs.

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 pmobs.
I had not heard of that one and had to do a web-search. Thanks!

BBFG# wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 pm
more for video, but if i only had one option (life or death) id go with that and the modular.

Logic.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

It's not life or death, just considering the amount of time spent on keeping things up to date and of course, discussing them on forums. :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 pm
more for video, but if i only had one option (life or death) id go with that and the modular.
That's cheating. OP clearly stated that the DAW has to be the only environment/instrument. ;)

That's why I said "none". DAWs don't have great onboard instruments.

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:39 pm
That's cheating. OP clearly stated that the DAW has to be the only environment/instrument. ;)

im not loading the modular on the pc, so im taking a win :P

BBFG# wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm It's not life or death, just considering the amount of time spent on keeping things up to date and of course, discussing them on forums. :hihi:
Some well spent time, trust me.

BBFG# wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 pm It's not life or death, just considering the amount of time spent on keeping things up to date and of course, discussing them on forums. :hihi:
well, in that case! im using all my stuff!! :hihi:

keeping up to date, i dont worry about it, so long as something works, i dont need the update.
caveat being of course, major updates adding new features, i may take those if i want the features.

i learned a long time ago, trying to keep up to date with everything, is pointless.
its like painting one of those bridges, where you just keep on keeping on.

:tu:

I kind of agree, although I keep reading posts elsewhere that seem to disagree. That's why I posed this question. Thought it would immediately be heralded with Bitwig, Cubase, FLS, Live, Reason users TBH.

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm
well, in that case! im using all my stuff!! :hihi:

keeping up to date, i dont worry about it, so long as something works, i dont need the update.
caveat being of course, major updates adding new features, i may take those if i want the features.

i learned a long time ago, trying to keep up to date with everything, is pointless.
its like painting one of those bridges, where you just keep on keeping on.
Me too, but I've been getting quite a few emails telling me the companies are planning on stopping what works now and not offering loyal customer discounts on future upgrades...
They definitely have me thinking about what needs to just let die.

BBFG# wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:45 pm

I kind of agree, although I keep reading posts elsewhere that seem to disagree. That's why I posed this question. Thought it would immediately be heralded with Bitwig, Cubase, FLS, Live, Reason users TBH.
I really wished that there was such a thing as a DAW with great onboard instruments, then I could save the money I spend on third party stuff. ;)

From the DAWs I tried, I would say that Cubase had the best onboard stuff, but, it's light years behind good third party instruments.

Well, can't complain really. Acquainting yourself with what's available on the market is an essential experience IMO.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”