TAL Sampler - how to create a mapping with constant pitch?

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to make a layered patch with a horn chord sample and a kick drum.

I would like the kick drum to just play at the same pitch across the board as it is a percussive element. So regardless of where it is played on the keyboard, it should sound the same.

Is it possible to do this?

(for example, in Redux there is a button "KEY->Pitch" that when disabled plays all keys at the same pitch)

Yes, just turn off Key>pitch option for the drum layer, and maybe assign a key range to it and horn, so it doesn't play together with the horn.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:52 pm Yes, just turn off Key>pitch option for the drum layer, and maybe assign a key range to it and horn, so it doesn't play together with the horn.
That's the thing, I don't see where the Key>pitch option is in TAL Sampler. Logically it would be in the Mapping Editor I think, but I don't see anything.

I may be missing something obvious, please let me know if you know where it is.

swivel wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:13 pm
DuX wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:52 pm Yes, just turn off Key>pitch option for the drum layer, and maybe assign a key range to it and horn, so it doesn't play together with the horn.
That's the thing, I don't see where the Key>pitch option is in TAL Sampler. Logically it would be in the Mapping Editor I think, but I don't see anything.

I may be missing something obvious, please let me know if you know where it is.
On the mapping edit page, it's called 'Track', and it's directly below the 'Delete Mapping' button (version 4.5.7).

Yeah, you have to open sample editor by clicking on the sample waveform and then untick "track" in the upper right corner.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

neverbeeninariot wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 pm On the mapping edit page, it's called 'Track', and it's directly below the 'Delete Mapping' button (version 4.5.7).
Thanks so much! I can't believe I missed it.

Return to “TAL Software”