FR: Named region playlists for Note Action Map using markers

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I know, I have already requested this somewhere but it still is one of the top wishes for MuLab 10 for me.

The request consists of two parts:

(1) Allow to trigger (named) markers from the Note Action Map.
Currently you have to explicitly state which region to trigger. It would be much nicer if you could also define a region using two markers on the timeline. The marker defined region could also be (optionally) looped when holding the Note Action Map key. Using the marker names would allow to easily change the region visually. That would be much appreciated.

(2) Allow a "playlist" action in the Note Action Map that is a list of start / end markers.
Each entry in this list can be played n times (configured by the user from 0..n) and will then continue to the next entry in the list. The whole list should also be reapeatable. Eventually a loop start point shall be defined for one of the entries in the playlist. The playlists plays as long as the trigger key is pressed. Eventually a release section could also be defined for the playlist. This would allow some nice effects.
The user should be able to define as many playlists as wanted using this method. Eventually the playlist editor could be a separate editor and the Note Action Map references existing playlists?

Playlists for the Note Action Map would allow much more non-linear playback. You could build various variants of the same timeline.

Hope to see this any time soon in MuLab :tu:

Thanks so much for your excellent work! :hug:

PS:
Eventually markers could optionally have a length which makes them a named region. Then it would be sufficient to use one marker / named region only for the playlists. Just another idea :wink:

Return to “MUTOOLS”