Metric Halo Production Bundle v4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any thoughts on the Metric Halo series of plugins? I see they've recently updated to version 4 and are on sale for half price as a bundle at $399.

https://mhsecure.com/products/software/ ... le_v4.html

MH.jpg

What's New:

New Plug-ins included in the bundle:

MH SuperGate - A new, flexible state-space based Signal Gate that finally actually does what a gate was always supposed to do.
MH Sonic EQ - 6-band fully parametric Equalizer, where every band in the EQ supports 2nd to 8th order filters, using the low-noise 64-bit state-space EQ structure. This implementation is based on the original SonicEQ developed by Dr. Andy Moorer for the Sonic Solutions mastering DAW, and then ported and enhanced for the Mobile I/O DSP by Dr. B.J. Buchalter.
New Functions for Pro Tools:

Adds support for EQ and Dynamics graphs in Pro Tools
Enables EQ and Dynamics pages in Avid Control/EuCon when running in Pro Tools
Updates to Character:

Provides a new UI for MH Character
Provides additional oversampling options for MH Character
Common changes for all plug-ins:

Adds VST3 versions for all plugins on both macOS and Windows
VST3 Apple Silicon Native support for Steinberg products (Cubase, Nuendo, etc).
VST3 Native Sidechain Support for our plugins that provide Sidechain input.
Undo/Redo
A/B snapshots and snapshot blend
Software update tracking
More flexible resizability
Common controls in the header bar (Help, Resize, Pane Disclosure)
All plugins support AU, AAX, VST2 and VST3 on macOS.
All plugins support AAX, VST2, and VST3 on Windows.
Improved Preset Management
Plug-in Settings copy/paste between instances
Plug-in details pane (accessed by the MH Logo) that shows:
About box
Links to documentation, tech support and frequently asked questions
Software update information and release notes
Current release notes
Plug-in Preferences
Significantly reduced size download for the installers on macOS
Adds a user configurable themes for most plugins
Adds user selectable knob styles for many plugins
Adds user preference for band colors
Adds user preference UI colors
Adds user preference for showing/hiding knob rings
Refines layout and visuals of the UIs

My ChannelStrip 4:

MHCS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This channel strip has a distinctive sparkling/metallic sound. It is used on many top records mixed by Ghinea.
I don’t see any innovation in any of the plugins, they are riding on the legacy, similar to the old Sonnox line.
So it has a sound, like many other plugins do, and if you need that sound here it is.
Otherwise many of these plugins are outperformed by their free or daw counterparts.

roman.i wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:00 pm Otherwise many of these plugins are outperformed by their free or daw counterparts.
My thoughts exactly. The MH stuff is so overpriced, it’s ridiculous. And, for the prices they charge, I’d at least expect them to look like aren’t from 2010.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:17 pm
roman.i wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:00 pm Otherwise many of these plugins are outperformed by their free or daw counterparts.
The MH stuff is so overpriced, it’s ridiculous.
It's interesting how value is so closely linked to perception. I bought the bundle and I'm really happy with my purchase. Agreed that the UI is dated but my mixdown doesn't care.

Then why ask for our opinions?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:43 pm Then why ask for our opinions?
I'm not looking for validation. I just thought I'd open a discussion on it.

Return to “Effects”