The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

guys sorry again stupid questions:

1. does it load old presets from the LEgend OG? or legacy now ;D
2. do upgrades go on sale with synapse audio? i dunno but people say Icarus 3 or Avenger 2 are overprices upgrades, then The Legend HZ is even more expensive? i dont see much WOW for me yet but im a sucker for Synapse Audio plugins (though Dune 2 -> Dune 3 wasnt a good upgrade first but with later patches it got deserved)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:21 pm guys sorry again stupid questions:

1. does it load old presets from the LEgend OG? or legacy now ;D
No need to resort to asking stupid questions ;) , just read the original blurb on the first post:
The Legend HZ is patch-compatible with The Legend. Patches and soundbanks created
on The Legend can therefore be loaded into The Legend HZ (e.g. our Modern Analog soundset).
Caine123 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:21 pm2. do upgrades go on sale with synapse audio?
I don't know but this is a brand new product, so they aren't going to be slashing prices for a while. Assume it is what it is and it's going to be that for some time, would be my advice...

From what I can tell, the Legend HZ is almost entirely patch compatible with The Legend minus one feature: there's no low note priority option to the glide. The Legend has this on the back panel but it's conspicuously absent from The Legend HZ. Low note was never my favorite, and I pretty much kept it set at Last, but it's worth calling out.

thanks both to you guys! hmmm i need to think if it is worth for me cause 80 bucks for thes features is not really wow for me yet and i dunno what future patches might bring additionally to move me more to upgrade.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'd like to say that Richard did a much better job on the workflow this time around. Having the Mod Matrix+Seq along the bottom row is a big time saver over having to hop over to the back panel for matrix adjustments.

Unreal! Great sound! 5 stars!

This is a thing of beauty

Holy smokes, instant buy! I love how Synapse handles Genetics; I have gotten some great sounds just by noodling around in there, congrats on a great new product

Nice to also have an fx version

mellotronaut wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:12 pm is there a crossgrade path from The legend RE to the Legend Au, VST3 etc.?
Some have posted that they emailed Synapse and gotten access to VST versions. I should do this, too, as I have the Reason version. I wouldn't do that now, though, as they must be busy. Give it a few weeks maybe.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

i wonder if Hans likes and uses Dune3
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:40 pm
mellotronaut wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:12 pm is there a crossgrade path from The legend RE to the Legend Au, VST3 etc.?
Some have posted that they emailed Synapse and gotten access to VST versions. I should do this, too, as I have the Reason version. I wouldn't do that now, though, as they must be busy. Give it a few weeks maybe.
Wow! That's generous. Thank you very much for the reply! i'll wait some time with my request. :tu: :)
"It dreamed itself along"

martiu wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:48 pm i wonder if Hans likes and uses Dune3
https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... st-4984076

There is also a thread somewhere, where I believe Kevin speaks of doing sound design for Hans including Dune.

rsp
sound sculptist

Any discount for Dune 3 and Obsession owners - PLEASE :help: :?

60 Minutes did a piece on Hans a few weeks ago and he had Zebra pulled up on a computer screen.

Return to “Instruments”