Unsupported Plugins that work on Receptor!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Steam

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99544

and th new Sonata ( did presets for it) works!

GURU is working. Redraw is a little slow sometimes, otherwise just fine.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

HG Fortunes new ProtoPlasm works great! Nice pad machine. I did 32 presets too!! :-)

actually, all of HG fortunes synths work.The STS17 is particulary nice and also Swamp.

I also installed about 17 new plugins, but have to see what they were. A lot were from one site: Orion VST, ect.

Unfortunatly Nusoftings Pizza synth did not work..it won't let you put in the reg number.

also Karma DeeLay works! a wonderful delay plug and easy to use! he also does the karma Synth ( freeware) but unforunatly..does not work on receptor.

tconrardy wrote:Hi all

Just made a list of my unsupported plugin folder on my receptor which gives you an idea of what you can saftly install on your own. Lots of trial and error here. Some are commercial and some or freeware. I tried to put the manufacturer by the plugin if I remembered it. :-) You can always use the extensive plugin search engine here at KvR to locate these plugins. I hope someone can use this list!

TC

============================================

Receptor Unsupported Plugins that work!

02 SR-202 V 1.1 ( CM )
Addo (Kraklie)
Arpecyza! 1.0
Arptronv2.0 (Pychic Modulation)
Arpy ( AlgoMusic)
Astrobelt (NuSofting)
Augar
Boogaloo3 (EVM)
BoogalooPro (EVM)
Dream Sequencer
effem (Kraklie)
Effex (Kraklie) effect version of Effem)
EJ2 ( Maxx Clastor) plays presets only
Ensembler ( ConcreteFX)
EZPoly(Kraklie)
Field
Fortune ( original WOF)
harptime ( NuSofting)
Incubas (EVM)
InpulseFour
Invader
Isis
JX220
JXSynth 1.2
KarmaKiller
klaus
LPLL2
M42 Nebula (AlgoMusic)
Meteorite v1.5 (Pychic Modulation)
Mnemonic(EVM)
Moebius (EVM)
Motion (UGO)
MrRay_VST_Electric_Piano_2.0
Occam-1 (EVM)
Omnicrom (EVM)
osiris6
OxeFMSynth
Particle
PhadiZ(AlgoMusic)
Photon v1.1 (Pychic Modulation)
Placebo (EVM)
PolyIbit
prolog-r (EVM)
Protowave2 (EVM)
Qbreath
QChanter
Qcussion
Qeuro
Republic
Rez 1.3 (UGO)
Rhino2 (BigTick)
RMX04-1
StratoBlaster (AlgoMusic)
String Theory (UGO)
stringsynth ( Algomusic)
SuperCamelFat ( CamelAudio)
Supersid( AlgoMusic)
SuperwaveP8
Symtohm Mellohman ( Ohm Force)
Texture (UGO)
ukas ( UK Music)
Ultrasonique ( EVM)
UnknownSynth ( ODO)
VivaldiFM
Vsc3 ( Richard Brooks)
VurtBox ( Kraklie)
waterfall
WnAddittive ( White Noise)
Hi TC

I am interested to buy Receptor but would like to know if is it possible to instal VST instruments like the one you mentioned above, on our own or you need to go through the PLugrama website, how does it work?

Thanks for any help

Maximvs :?:

Grüezi ;)
what do you excactly mean ?
you can download the plugins wherever you find them in the internet.
next, have a try and put them in the UNSUPPORTED PLUGINS folder and install them.
that's all.

Rob

GTG Synths JP7A works.

Robert Karasek wrote:Grüezi ;)
what do you excactly mean ?
you can download the plugins wherever you find them in the internet.
next, have a try and put them in the UNSUPPORTED PLUGINS folder and install them.
that's all.

Rob
HI Rob,

Hey thanks for this...

What I was meaning was just being able to download from the net plugins and install them onto Receptor.
Do you install the DLL. file or what? Sorry I am a bit confused here..!!I have noticed that Receptor doesn't have a CD-ROM drive so how can you install anything?

Thanks Maximvs

PS: I liestened to a few songs on your site, very good stuff, is that you that sing?

yes... generally you only need the DLL and that's it.
you have to connect RECEPTOR to your computer in order to get the plugins on Receptor's HD. next, you have to go through the install-process. (SETUP menu).

Rob
PS: no, I'd wish I could sing at least half as good as he does... :)) he's one of my backing-vocalists in my team of my Tour & Studio Band...

Ok..RotoPuker v2 works...That BT thread on Instrumnts got me interested. A very cool plugin.

BUT: the new MiniMouge Lexus( freebie) does not work on my machine . Bummer..looked pretty cool

and Maximvs: all I do is first install it on your PC in the usual way, so it's in it's own folder. Then copy the folder over to the Unsupported folder on the receptor HD and then go to the Receptor GUI and go to setup and install it. Most of the time it works, but sometimes you have to work with it.

tconrardy wrote:BUT: the new MiniMouge Lexus( freebie) does not work on my machine . Bummer..looked pretty cool
but: MinimogueVA works perfectly here.

Rob

Robert Karasek wrote:
tconrardy wrote:BUT: the new MiniMouge Lexus( freebie) does not work on my machine . Bummer..looked pretty cool

Rob
yes..the minimogue VA works..but not the newest incarnation: the Lexus. Try it..it might work with yours, and let me know :-)

tconrardy wrote:
Robert Karasek wrote:

Rob
yes..the minimogue VA works..but not the newest incarnation: the Lexus. Try it..it might work with yours, and let me know :-)
Hi Tim,

LUXUS works perfect here!

..just kiddin' :P
installation faild here, too...

Rob

Hm, I have packaged the MinimogueLUXUS from my machine. I have win98, so the installation is in two files: A dll. file and a dat. file that should be extracted to the to the VST-plugins folder.

The MinimogueVA is packaged by Glen Stegner and is just one file: the dll. file. (Because he as WinXP). Maybe that is the difference. Just a guess. Maybe Glen can package the LUXUS into one dll. file?

Second guess: Both synths has the same 4 digit VST identification, to make the soundbanks compatible. Maybe Receptor dont allow 2 plugins with identical VST number?

Third guess: The GUI is too big?

All the best
gunnar

MiniMogueLUXUS uses the same VST id as MiniMogueVA. Receptor will accept only one plug-in with a particular id, so MiniMougueLUXUS is rejected. So the first step is to delete MiniMogueVA. I'm pretty sure you can delete the MiniMogueVA folder (assuming you used a separate folder), but if you can't delete it you should be able to move it to, let's say, "My Docyments"

Not only they did not bother to use a different id, but they also return the same name: "MiniMogueVA" What I mean is that when we ask for the name we get "MiniMogueVA" not "MiniMogueLEXUS" Most PC VST hosts will show the plug-in name as the name of the dll without the ".dll" extension. Receptor shows the name as returned by the plug-in.

The next step to fix this is to create a text file on your PC called "MinimogueLUXUS-custom-info.xml" The contents of the file should be:

------------
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<vst-plugin-info version="1.2">
<vst-plugin-name>MiniMogueLUXUS</vst-plugin-name>
</vst-plugin-info>

-----------

without the dashes. I'm not 100% sure you need a new line at the end of the file, but make sure you have one just in case.

Copy this file to the same folder with the MiniMogue dll, install from the SETUP page if you have not done so yet.

If you already installed it before copying the file "MinimogueLUXUS-custom-info.xml" restart Receptor (tripple-click) with the MULTI button down.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Hey, it sounds pretty good. I still prefer minimonsta, but as they say, you can't beat the price. :wink:
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”