Why all the fuss about Minimonster?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cptgone wrote:The Butties are still at it AFAIK, releasing CDs and touring.
And Sweet Loaf is still an awesome tune ...
cptgone wrote:Rozzer and Minimonster are a good team
why thank ye :D

Kriminal wrote:It has a very nice blue on the GUI 8)

blue?oh in that ase i dont want it,i thought it was gonna be green :(

:hihi:

vurt, just buy and wear these. All will be as you wish.

(The yellow-tinted shades, not the head.)

Meffy

Meffy wrote:vurt, just buy and wear these. All will be as you wish.

[image]

(The yellow-tinted shades, not the head.)

Meffy
Now you tell me.

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

use those 2 things you have on the side of your head.

Cheeso wrote:Oh yeah, and those clips at posted at GMedia...these are totally unbiased selections, right? :D

topaz wrote:use those 2 things you have on the side of your head.

Cheeso wrote:Oh yeah, and those clips at posted at GMedia...these are totally unbiased selections, right? :D
Wow! What a REVELATION! OMG! Not only will the MiniMonster smell just like a real MiniMonster, it will also be furry! Just like a real Mini Monster!

Cheeso wrote:It's called "Hype."

Talk about a product and how wonderful it is for months while posting clips of how much better this non-existant synth is than one people actually own...while still not releasing anything...

Oh yeah, and those clips at posted at GMedia...these are totally unbiased selections, right? :D
Thank you!

Cheers

Fr@nk
Tomeso - Germany

Nimmy wrote:Let`s face it: Arturia will have paid a good amount of $$$$$ to Mr.Moog for his kind endorsement, so Bob won`t critisize Arturia`s synths too much

Ahh yeah, but you are never going to buy the Arturia ARP 2600 V because Alan Pearlman is not endorsing it, right? :roll:

Cheers

Fr@nk

Fr@nk wrote:

Talk about a product and how wonderful it is for months while posting clips of how much better this non-existant synth is than one people actually own...while still not releasing anything...

Oh yeah, and those clips at posted at GMedia...these are totally unbiased selections, right? :D
Thank you!

Cheers

Fr@nk
Tomeso - Germany

You'll remember this post soon. I don't think I will though. I'll be too busy tweaking da Monsta with drool running out of my mouth.

Mu ha ha ha!

cptgone wrote:
Fr@nk wrote:

Thank you!

Cheers

Fr@nk
Tomeso - Germany

You'll remember this post soon. I don't think I will though. I'll be too busy tweaking da Monsta with drool running out of my mouth.

Mu ha ha ha!
Exactly... It's all a question of how Good it can sound, and I've never heard any Moog emulation sound as goddamned good as those demos :D

So what if there are weaknesses (not that I think there will be many, relatively speaking)? Maybe it can't do a convincing Benassi bass line (for example)... That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned :hihi:
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

What is it with this endorsement crap? Don't you have your own ears, values and most importantly, will?
Oh gee this one product here sounds like so many other synths out there, how boring. But see who endorses it! I just NEED to buy this, I'm sure I'll become as successfull as the guy who did the endorsing!

Seriously, do you buy your aftershaves, razors, shower gels hoping they'll make you look fit, give you an expensive bathroom and a hot chick stroking you?
No don't tell me, I already know. :P

merry christmas, hoping theres a lot of common sense under the trees this year!

Markus

Amen Markus!

.. and some people need a new ear-brain connection too. There is no denying it. Minimonster sounds absolutely fabulous. If you disagree then you can just F*** **F ! :x :P :hihi:

I really do love Steinberg Neon.. and model-e is da bomb too! NOT!!

Merry Christmas! .. damn too late

I was never into Moogs very much, but I can see why they are liked by many. And it isn't bias when the locals here go on about GMedia and Arturia. They both make excellent analogue emulations, they are quality VSTi that's all. And yes, we do use our ears to make judgements - there are many KvRers who do know their analogues from their elbows y'know. In fact this forum is abounding with old farts who started out on the real things. After all....the average age here must be around 75 or so :hihi:

Eeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh :shock:

I just went over to the Arturia site and listened to those demos of the MinimoogV. Now I know why I was never that keen on Moogs. They always seem to be used on those godawful cheesey jazzy funk numbers and those even more godawful Wendy Carlos "Moog does Mahler" classical pieces that sound like demos from home organs. It's not the instrument itself that I dislike - it's the way so many users underuse them that always put me off. "Moog" doesn't even rhyme with "cheese" - so what is the hardwired connection in keyboard players brains that links Moogs with cheese? Some of those big fat powerful leads and basslines that you can get, and all they can think about is 'Reg Dixon does funk'. :-o

And those demos from the Moog modular are just the same - just plain nasty and cheesey. Yet that modular is capable of so many esoteric sounds. What is it about Moogs that makes good musicians into Working Men's club organ players?

On the other hand, even Arturia picked some halfway decent demos for the ARP2600v - it shows the strength of the VSTi that they can't help themselves but show off the actual capabilities of the synthesis capable on it. It's obviously so good that they couldn't make cheese out of it. That notch filter line - quite tasty towards the end.

I think the Arp will be on my list for sure. But no way am I ever buying any Moog emulation, no matter how good it is. I don't want to turn into some camembert-headed funk merchant. :tantrum:

If you're familiar with Symptohm then you'll understand why the Minimonster is so enticing, even if you're not a big fan of the Moog sound. A high quality analog emulation with Melohman morphing controls will be absolutely ass-flattening.

Return to “Instruments”