Any known SS2/Tracktion issues (on Mac)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

First time poster, sometime lurker/VST researcher. I'm kind of in the process of ridding myself of the vast amount of gear, you know the drill, and I eagerly downloaded SS2 Free today, only to find it seemingly less useful than I anticipated, due to the looping noises I kept hearing using it in Tracktion. For more detail, it is a four note loop, still in midi (not rendered to audio), and there would be an audible click at the end of the measure - with every patch in SS2 Free. Just to make sure it wasn't Tracktion, I tried a bunch of the other demo VST's I've downloaded, no such click (or luck, as it were). Hope there already is some sort of fix to this issue that I'm just not aware of, because I was really looking to SS2 to be the (or one of the) answer(s) to getting half my office space back. Fingers crossed....

Thanks,

Todd

tkmattson wrote:I was really looking to SS2 to be the (or one of the) answer(s) to getting half my office space back. Fingers crossed....
Don't do it. You'll probably let yourself down. Take it from someone who tried. My situation was a stolen Yamaha MOTIF, which I tried to replace with Sampletank 1. It didn't do it for me, however ST1 and later, ST2 did find a few uses in my setup. But as soon as I could afford it, I ran out and got a MOTIF Rack.

At least keep a couple of key hardware pieces, or prepare to do a lot of softsynth demoing, downloading and testing.

mjones4th wrote:
tkmattson wrote:I was really looking to SS2 to be the (or one of the) answer(s) to getting half my office space back. Fingers crossed....
Don't do it. You'll probably let yourself down. Take it from someone who tried. My situation was a stolen Yamaha MOTIF, which I tried to replace with Sampletank 1. It didn't do it for me, however ST1 and later, ST2 did find a few uses in my setup. But as soon as I could afford it, I ran out and got a MOTIF Rack.

At least keep a couple of key hardware pieces, or prepare to do a lot of softsynth demoing, downloading and testing.
I'm not the very sentimental type, having in my years bought and sold many pieces of gear that tend to get drooled over, or at least reministed about. The last few big items I have are more or less one trick ponies (ie my pretty well kept Rhodes Mark I) and I will be more than glad to finally part ways with them. For the most part now I am a documentary filmmaker, but have taken an interest lately in getting back into music, mainly to do my own scoring, and perhaps make a CD. I used to gig up until about five years ago, but have no desire to do that anymore, feeling too old for that noise so software based stuff really appeals, if it really sounds passable. There is but one piece of gear I've sold which I actually do miss, save the dirty pots, and have noticed a real lack in the VST world of, the Juno 60. Is anyone going to cover the Jupiter/Juno territory well, or have I not found the right VST yet? (I've tried all the Arturia schtuff, Albino 2, Tera 2, Ultra Analog, Ultra Focus, GMedia's stuff, and now SS2) So far out of that group, I've found that Albino 2, while I don't like it's sound as much as some of the others, seems to be the most useful in a mix.

There's a freebie somewhere around here, discreetly known as Juno 6. I've never had the good fortune of playing it, as I'm Mac based, but I did have a real Juno 6 about 10 years ago that was stolen, and I miss it to bits, so I can definitely understand.

Also there's a synth designed for the Korg OASYS platform which purports to do a Juno emulation. That one I have played extensively. Loads of fun in itself, but not dead-on, if you get my drift.

Return to “Instruments”