Kontakt just installed, but no sound output. help!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have sonar3. the volume meter is jumping, but no sound output. I must have set it up wrong....

any kontakt user here?

Open Kontakt standalone & make sure you have the same soundcard configurations selected for both applications.

ciao,

where do u go to configure your soundcard in the plug-in mode? i only see that option in the stand alone, not with plug-in

That's why I just told you to make sure that Kontakt's sound card setting's match Sonar's by checking in Kontakt's standalone mode..

While this might help troubleshoot the problem, the standalone version should run on its own settings, and the VST or DX version should run under the host settings when run from Sonar. Standalone Kontakt and Sonar should be able to have different soundcard settings and still function fine when Kontakt is run from Sonar. Of course that doesn't mean they will.

could this be the only problem? or is there more. Because i have compared audio card setting of absynth 2 with kontakt, they're the same. but kontakt still doen't produce sound even tho its volume meter is healthy

in the options in the plug in mode, i see stereo output and mono output, what are those numbers mean?

it worked now. i tried to edit a sample, i guess the initiation started the sounds, dont know why.....

Return to “Instruments”