Put yourself into a coma with SIGHUP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was feeling in a slow motion low frequency hum sort of way. Couldn't help but make this. Debated whether or not to post this, as it is piffle. But hey, who couldn't use a voluntary coma once in a while?

Big file - 24 minutes long, 33Mb. Apologies to our dial-up friends, but the good news is that you have dial-up to aid in coma onset, so you don't need this.

If you're not up for a coma, you've been well warned in advance. (although sadly I was concerned it may be too animated!) If you make it all the way through, you'll understand that I'm off to bed now.

coma inducer

Be seeing you.

Steve

coma induced

suburban grilla wrote:coma induced
Success!

That rocks harder than Gunter and Lopez put together! :-o

Seriously though, it's really not that coma-inducing, if you turn it up loud enough. I've always thought that music like this should be turned up enough that you can feel it in your bones. But no matter how it's listened too, you're producing some of the finest drone music I've heard from this continent. World-class stuff that's screaming out (if in a subdued, droning way) for a wider release.

dystonia_ek wrote:That rocks harder than Gunter and Lopez put together! :-o
Stop it, you'll make me blush.

Thanks for the support, James. Funny enough, I've been thinking a lot about Lopez's active listening approach lately. Silence and quiet has been missing from my work of late. So this is one step towards that. Though not as serious as all that this time round, believe or not my approach was fairly lighthearted on this track.

Cheers,
Steve

shamann wrote:Funny enough, I've been thinking a lot about Lopez's active listening approach lately. Silence and quiet has been missing from my work of late. So this is one step towards that. Though not as serious as all that this time round, believe or not my approach was fairly lighthearted on this track.

Francisco's ideas are sound (and he's actually a much more lighthearted person than most people probably imagine he is) - though I question his execution sometimes, when sitting in my living room trying vainly to hear some of his discs (I happily endorse everything that he's released that you can actually hear, of course). I think it works much better in a live context, since not all of us have a perfect, soundproofed, anechoic listening suite to work with.
But silence and quiet could be incorporated into your work with great results - just a question of that famous fine line that David St. Hubbins mentioned back in the day.

dystonia_ek wrote:Francisco's ideas are sound (and he's actually a much more lighthearted person than most people probably imagine he is) - though I question his execution sometimes, when sitting in my living room trying vainly to hear some of his discs (I happily endorse everything that he's released that you can actually hear, of course). I think it works much better in a live context, since not all of us have a perfect, soundproofed, anechoic listening suite to work with.
I've had a similar experience with his stuff. At times, I've been doubtful there was actually any sound at all. Given that experience, I've no doubt he's having a bit of fun once in a while.
dystonia_ek wrote:But silence and quiet could be incorporated into your work with great results - just a question of that famous fine line that David St. Hubbins mentioned back in the day.
Indeed a fine line. Will try to avoid the ridiculous extreme. And to add:

Here lies David St. Hubbins...and why not?

putting on my headfones... unless you intend this to play in harmony with all my computer fans :hihi:
worst signature evar

jdg wrote:putting on my headfones... unless you intend this to play in harmony with all my computer fans :hihi:
I think the fans would add some nice harmonics. This is much like boxed air, so approach as you see fit.

I have to admit, I'm happy to see you listening John. I worried about the filesize taxing your servers. I'll happily take this as a 'carry on' endorsement.

Hope you enjoy and take a moment to slow down with it.

Cheers,
Steve

pls.. don't worry about the server.
its been treated worse!

the piece is lovely btw! :D
worst signature evar

jdg wrote:pls.. don't worry about the server.
its been treated worse!
Excellent, now on to my 5-hour magnum opus! :hihi:
jdg wrote:the piece is lovely btw! :D
Cheers, glad you liked.

I've downloaded, but haven't found the need for a self-induced coma yet.

this is going to be my secret weapon on NTNS to lull my listeners into a state of tranquil bliss, right before nailing them with a 50ft wall of powernoise.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

intel wrote:I've downloaded, but haven't found the need for a self-induced coma yet.

this is going to be my secret weapon on NTNS to lull my listeners into a state of tranquil bliss, right before nailing them with a 50ft wall of powernoise.
Excellent. Best not to start the show off with it though. They might be too blunted and listless afterwards to keep up the banter in the hotline.

most of them already are....

:cry:
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

really outstanding, shamann...I'm going to teach myself to hum it.

Return to “Music Cafe”