Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

layzer wrote:my humble little music closet :oops:
You're Hans Zimmer?

Just bought this in the pic.. used to have one from new until around 2001.. couldn't resist Ebay before.. Excellent condition, Original box and manual, arrives this week.

Also grabbed an X-Station for £91.. i love them things :-)

Rob

rob_lee wrote:Also grabbed an X-Station for £91.. i love them things :-)
What a bargain. I love 'em too ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:
rob_lee wrote:Also grabbed an X-Station for £91.. i love them things :-)
What a bargain. I love 'em too ...
£78.02 to be exact Dave...plus £13 delivery i couldn't resist.. now i need something with tons of inputs for all this :-(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Novation-Remo ... true&rt=nc

Rob

I got an Allen & Heath ZED 14 to patch in my hardware synths and fx. It's fantastic for the money. Think I would have got the bigger one if I'd had the cash (and the space). :D

thecontrolcentre wrote:I got an Allen & Heath ZED 14 to patch in my hardware synths and fx. Think I would have got the bigger one if I'd had the cash (and the space). :D

Nice Dave,

What i want though is some sort of audio interface so i can see each hardware synth on it's own channel inside Cubase. If i have a mixer i have only the stereo out going in to my sound card, right?

Ah i'm confused it's late and i'm spent up for the day, more shopping tomorrow.. Elektron Machine Drum next :)

Rob

I've been thinking about a ZED 14 too. I would be interested to hear how you get on with it.

seismic1 wrote:I've been thinking about a ZED 14 too. I would be interested to hear how you get on with it.
I'm really happy with it. Routing is very flexible, faders are nice , lots of outputs ... i don't use the audio interface, but only because it's 16bit, and i have 24 bit NI interface. Takes some beating for the price.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
seismic1 wrote:I've been thinking about a ZED 14 too. I would be interested to hear how you get on with it.
I'm really happy with it. Routing is very flexible, faders are nice , lots of outputs ... i don't use the audio interface, but only because it's 16bit, and i have 24 bit NI interface. Takes some beating for the price.
Thanks for the info. I'm probably a few months away from any purchase, but it certainly looks enticing :)

layzer wrote:Image
my humble little music closet :oops:
Da Faqqqqq.... ???

No way dude, no way!

:shock:

and a very self satisfied look he has too...after spending 2 years hunting down a "crackle".
:D

Some slightly trippy views of my zone, Feb 2013:

Most recent addition, my first electric axe since 1995:

MIA: MBP is tucked away in a corner.
Image Image

Hi,

here is a picture (or pictures) with my current setup:

Upper left shows my PC running Ableton Live and Saurus (which i'm again working on...). It also show my Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSp and on top a Behringer Eurorack UB1002 mixer. The rest on that one is a Korg NanoKONTROL and Audiotechnica ATH-M440fs headphones. There are also small JBL speakers for either directly connecting my iPod Classic or also external audio.

Lower left picture is my Moog Slim Phatty.

The right picture shows my Yamaha Motif ES 7 (which is also my main master keyboard) with a white Waldorf Blofeld desktop (with SL expansion) on top. The other keyboard is a Korg Wavestation EX with a RAM card and an almost dead backlight (have to try to replace it soon).

Not on the pictures:
Sony VAIO notebook, a Korg NanoPAD and a M-Audio Ozonic.

Maybe not what others call a "studio" but for me it works. I did not post screenshots of all softsynths i own. That would be too much... :)

UPDATE:
Here is one of my setups back in 2004 (no softsynths at that time):

The gear shown are a Roland Jupiter 8 (with MIDI), a Kurzweil K2000 V3 (with built-in ZIP drive + SCSI CD-ROM), Korg Wavestation SR, Boss DR-770 and Behringer Eurorack UB1002. Headphones were from Sennheiser AFAIK.

Looking back at it now keeping that setup would have been the better choice maybe.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I have 2 Ultra Nova's and one of them has been customized black, the other is coming back white.. i just love the sound that comes from these things.
Here's the black one all done and being shipped back today..i'll post my white one when done.

Cheers

Rob

i'd post a picture as well, but a pic of a computer, mopho keyboard, speakers and audio interface would just look boring compared to most of these :cry:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”