Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

harryupbabble wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:00 pm ghettosynth said "you can't retire by selling all your gear"
or something like that

original poster has a lot of nice gear
can sell all that and retire in argentina
where one american dollar is worth 85 argentine dollar
There was a guy at Harmony Central, he had a barn of vintage guitars. Over 100 vintage LPs, + lots of other vintage models from other brands. They were, indeed, his 'retirement fund.'
I always pointed this guy out to my Missus when she thought I was pathological re guitars.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

IMG_1528.jpeg
IMG_1529.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

vurt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:10 pm Screenshot_20240120_160854_Gallery.jpg

v. small.
Come on vurt, don't you know you don't need a plectrum to play kalimba?

EDIT: didn't mean to reiterate whyterabbyt's joke :oops:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:33 am tcc_dark_studio_2024.jpg
Keep thinking you might like this newer version more!

@elxsound yeah, looks great ... dunno if I have enough space for one.

tcc_live_12_studio_march_2024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:53 pm @elxsound yeah, looks great ... dunno if I have enough space for one.

tcc_live_12_studio_march_2024.jpg
Same dilemma with a Lyra 8. It’s not the type of synth to passively use, stored away when not in use. So…. I’m hoping to find that elusive spot that makes sense to leave out.

I often think the people who design yacht interiors should come here to help hide all this stuff, while keeping everything connected.

It’d be very James Bond-like, but synths and effects instead of weapons!

elxsound wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:46 pm
Same dilemma with a Lyra 8.
I found a space on my synth stand for the Lyra 8. It's heavy (built like a tank) but not too big ... the new Taiga is a lot bigger (similar to my MOOG Sub 37). :)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:17 pm
elxsound wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:46 pm
Same dilemma with a Lyra 8.
I found a space on my synth stand for the Lyra 8. It's heavy (built like a tank) but not too big ... the new Taiga is a lot bigger (similar to my MOOG Sub 37). :)
I actually found space… Lyra 8 fits in a top-level side-drawer on my white desk. I’d need to drill some holes to add power and audio routing, but this could work!

elxsound wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:48 pm I often think the people who design yacht interiors
from what i know (mainly through bones) they leave out the toilet :o
my studio, requires a toilet within 6 feet, due to my aging bladder and knees, combining to the perfect storm! and i dont want to piss myself in the middle of a live stream* :lol:

* - i will if i get 1000 likes on any single video!! :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:55 pm
elxsound wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:48 pm I often think the people who design yacht interiors
my studio, requires a toilet within 6 feet, due to my aging bladder and knees, combining to the perfect storm! and i dont want to piss myself in the middle of a live stream* :lol:

ummmmm, vurt, I believe your eyes are also failing. It's call "YouTube", not "LooTube"
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:00 pm

ummmmm, vurt, I believe your eyes are also failing. It's call "YouTube", not "LooTube"
some people call it "pootube".

There’s toilets there too! When I was much younger, a friend had boat cleaning business, which was some extra cash as a teen. These yachts stealthily had everything! Wish I had pictures, but this was all before camera phones, and before cell phones were everywhere. These things were crazy to see in person.

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:12 pm

I forgot to respond in whatever thread you mentioned about looking for a camera, but have you considered looking some of the newer webcams? They’re 4k, variable depth of field and relatively cheap. Plus they’d integrate OBS very easily.

I bought an Obsbot Tiny 2 that I’ve only used during some beta testing. It’s not great on low light, but most things with sensors this small aren’t.

Otherwise, I’m waiting to get an iPhone 15 or newer as they release them. Lots of pro accessories to get great quality. Not sure what the similar Samsung/Google devices can do but I’d imagine they’re something similar.

elxsound wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:20 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:12 pm

I forgot to respond in whatever thread you mentioned about looking for a camera, but have you considered looking some of the newer webcams? They’re 4k, variable depth of field and relatively cheap. Plus they’d integrate OBS very easily.

I bought an Obsbot Tiny 2 that I’ve only used during some beta testing. It’s not great on low light, but most things with sensors this small aren’t.

Otherwise, I’m waiting to get an iPhone 15 or newer as they release them. Lots of pro accessories to get great quality. Not sure what the similar Samsung/Google devices can do but I’d imagine they’re something similar.
ill pick something up soon enough im sure!

in other news though, 50th on sunday, my son is getting me the 40th anniversary g1 transformers soundwave :party:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”