Sidechain compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking for a good clean vst compressor with sidechaing capabilities (perhaps with a sidechain plug) to use in hosts that do not support sidechaining natively (steinberg)... not expensive though.

thank you

Sidhu

search is your best friend, friend.

otiumfx compadre beatpuncher :)
:: FL Studio v9.0.3 :: u-he Zebra2 v2.5 :: u-he MFM v2.0.2b5 :: u-he Uhbik v1.1 :: EnergyXT v1.4.1/v2.0.2 ::

sidhu
not expensive though.
GAC-1 is out of the question then :wink:
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

i had my mind on the GAC. Tried the demo too.. but im too sure i want it... I first need to buy meself a decent EQ plugin.. looking at the Voxengo EQ's and also the Gold Eq's... Any suggestions ?

Then ill move to a compressor with sidechain.. as a stand alone, im very happy with blockfish and i have been using it for wuite a while now.

Also I was hoping to get my hands on something like what TC had implimented... insert the SC plugin into any track (say the kik) insert the compressor in any other track (say bass). select SC. Done!

The GAC implimentation seems a bit complex. I just on Nuendo forums.. they require to make a quad bus with surrpund pan and stuff.. and its not perfect.

Sidhu

sidhu
I first need to buy meself a decent EQ plugin.. looking at the Voxengo EQ's and also the Gold Eq's... Any suggestions ?
The GAC implimentation seems a bit complex.
I like Gold because of the flexibility and choice.

If you download the dems you get the manuals included.

These are very useful, and will help show the scope of Gold plugs.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

I just on Nuendo forums.. they require to make a quad bus with surrpund pan and stuff.. and its not perfect.

It might seem a bit confusing at first but it really is rather simple! Check this video tutorial out to see the sidechain setup in CubaseSX using the Compadre VST:
Sidechaining in CubaseSX using Compadre VST (6,87MB)

Thanks for the link rune...

The gold series seems to have just add a new compressor. GUP1. It has side chain and stuff... and there is this group buy on which might make me get it for as low as 50USD.

Which would now ask for a nice EQ to go with it.. the gold or the gliss ??

Sidhu
Last edited by Sidhu on Sun May 01, 2005 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

The GCO does not support Sidechain ?

Sidhu

Sidhu - in Steinberg's hosts the Quadro group is the only way to set up stereo sidechaining. Once you have the setup - that video is great - you can put a Quadro bus or two in your autoload and it will be a snap.

If you don't need the complexity of stereo inputs you can use a mono sidechain on a stereo bus - usually you just route the mono target signal to the left channel and the mono key signal to the right.

Vanilla Compressor, Comapadre, GAC - there are a few already but you can expect more developments on this front. I would suggest you try the above if you haven't already - all are very good IMO - and you'll have more options if you hold off on your decision for a while.

sidhu wrote:The GCO does not support Sidechain ?

Sidhu
No, but the Golden Uni-Pressor does http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85724

Torben

if you dont take the time to read the link, what he was trying to say is - possible $49.28 GROUP BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try out the GUP-1. It is a VERY nice plugin indeed :) It's worth every cent/penny Kjaerhus Audio is asking for it :)

what about the dave brown dynamics plug?

Not sure it does stereo though. . .

Kind regards

Dave Rich

Kraku wrote:Try out the GUP-1. It is a VERY nice plugin indeed :) It's worth every cent/penny Kjaerhus Audio is asking for it :)
Except for people who already have GAC? ;)

buy the tracktion 2 acuma compression plugins (including sidechains) and get a whole sequencer and plugin instrument / effect suite for nowt !!!

slainte ;) rob

Return to “Effects”