Arturia has announced the NAMM 2013 launch of SparkLE Creative Drum Machine, its newest hybrid beat production centre combining intuitive hardware hands-on control with software strength and integration.
The solidly-constructed, slimline SparkLE Creative Drum Machine hardware measures 1.6cm in depth and comes complete with a handy neoprene slipcase to "take your beats to the streets". With it comes direct access to all the features needed to create patterns, write automation, and perform live.
SparkLE Creative Drum Machine serves up classic 'TR-style' workflow via its brightly backlit step sequencer buttons, while a musical platter of bangin' beats can quite literally be banged out using its eight velocity- and pressure-sensitive backlit pads. Live performances are a breeze thanks to the advanced Looper and beat-slicing functions, while beats can be transformed on the fly with the touch-sensitive FX pad that features eight filter modes (including the Oberheim SEM V filter featured in Arturia's Oberheim SEM V soft synth namesake) and seven Slicer modes. Three assignable encoders ease writing automation and realtime sound control. TUNE mode permits playing sounds chromatically across those 16 step sequencer buttons or eight pads — try having the kick drum follow the bass root note for trouser-flapping lows, play a synth bass/lead sound, or transform percussion sounds into pitched instruments.
Software-wise, SparkLE Creative Drum Machine makes use of the same full-featured Spark Engine software shipping with the original SPARK Creative Drum Machine. It includes a library of over 1,500 instruments and 100 kits, providing professional sounds covering a variety of dancefloor-friendly genres and stylings, ever-expandable with Arturia add-ons (like the Hip Hop Essentials and DubStep Essentials Expansion Packs).
- Full featured Spark Software.
- 3 synthesis engines: Virtual analog, Physical Modeling, Sample playback.
- Works Standalone & as a plug-in (VST, VST3, AU, RTAS).
- Backlit velocity and pressure sensitive Pads.
- Touch sensitive FX pad.
- Mode selector - Bank, Pattern, Seq, Tune.
- Bus powered, class compliant USB input.
- User assignable encoders.
- Advanced Looper Divide/Move function.
- Classic 'TR style' programming.
- Real-time programming from the pads.
- Protective travel sleeve.
- Small, Portable, Solid construction.
- MIDI mode for use as a controller with any software.
SparkLE Creative Drum Machine will be available to purchase from the Arturia online store or any dealer for €249.00 / $299.00 from mid-March 2013.