3rd February 2011
CI says: "On string instruments, one can cause a string to vibrate only in sections by touching it lightly at the appropriate point. This produces a pure and clear note of a cool quality. It is called ‘flageolet notes’ or ‘harmonics’."
Guitar Harmonics consists of an assortment of electric and acoustic guitars and basses. CI spent a lot of time finding the perfect setup to achieve a warm and realistic sound. In the end they decided to record the guitars tuned in open E with 3 Round Robin variations and several velocity layers. Besides, each instrument provides a lot of useful scripting tools such as note length control (release and attack), EQ switch, amp simulation, distortion and reverb amount.
These tools enable each instrument to produce a wide spread of sounds such as organic reverse guitars, fragile string notes or warm e-piano tones.
Summary of all 11 patches:
- Harmonics Ac 7 Guitar (7 harmonics notes in unison).
- Harmonics Ac Bass (acoustic bass).
- Harmonics Ac Martin Guitar (acoustic Martin guitar).
- Harmonics Ac Nylon Guitar (acoustic nylon guitar).
- Harmonics Ac Western Guitar (acoustic western guitar).
- Harmonics Elec Bass (electric bass, sustained notes).
- Harmonics Elec Guitar Gentle (electric guitar – only piano notes).
- Harmonics Elec Guitar (electric guitar).
Guitar Harmonics costs €22 and is available for Native Instruments Kontakt 3 or higher (full version is required).