Focusrite has introduced Scarlett, a plug-in suite that provides a collection of compression, gating, EQ, and reverb plug-ins for tracking and mixing. The Scarlett user interface features a Red anodized aluminum look featuring intricately modeled, life-like VU meters.
Each plug-in has a host of fast and easy-to-use presets, providing a great starting point for processing everything from vocals and guitars to synth bass and percussion. In addition, every plug-in parameter can be finely tuned to achieve the desired sound.
Scarlett works under VST, AU and RTAS (Pro Tools) hosts on Mac OS X and Windows.
- Sonic Quality: From the team behind the Forté Suite and the famous Focusrite hardware line.
- Faithful Recreation Of Classic Compressors & Gates: Modeled on original ear-tuned hardware optical compressors, exclusive to Focusrite, Scarlett's dynamics modules deliver that authentic 1960s Opto sound.
- Multi-modes Enable Creative Gating Techniques: The Gate can operate in stereo mode and, in different dual mono configurations, one signal can be used to trigger the gate of another. Ideal for tightening up a bass line, for example.
- Classic Focusrite EQ Curves & Controls: Scarlett uses the same Focusrite six-band EQ approach as the Red 2 and ISA EQs, with filters, parametric mids and shelving, all modeled to offer an authentic response across the entire audible frequency spectrum.
- Professional Reverb With Concise Controls: Based on classic algorithmic studio reverb designs. Easy to use controls get you to the ideal reverb sound in seconds.
- GUI With Life-like Port-hole VU Meters: Scarlett features a red anodized aluminum look, extremely detailed metering and other visual elements from Focusrite's recording history.
The Scarlett from Focusrite plug-in suite is now available at selected dealers in the U.S. at the MAP price of $99.