21st February 2013
ASSAULT is a suite of over 850 instruments and multis that transform sound design into cinematic percussive instruments. In creating ASSAULT, Sample Logic teamed up with veteran broadcast sound design and sound effect specialist Rick Allen to record a monumental collection of real-world material ranging from rifles, flame throwers, hand guns, jets, dumpsters, and monstrous pipes to bells, chimes, glass, and an arsenal of traditional percussive instruments. From this material, Sample Logic manipulated and morphed the sounds to forge the sample library. ASSAULT is intended for film, TV, game composers and sound designers.
ASSAULT is organized and divided into a variety of categories such as: explosive impacts, rises & falls, interrupters, reverses, sweeps, scrapes, quick kits, tempo-synced arpeggiated rhythms and a collection of over 66 customized Multis that are deeply programmed.
ASSAULT hosts a collection of interface controls providing over 40 unique sections of onscreen effects and parameters. The interface is built upon Sample Logic's "multi-core effect sequencer", providing the ability to assign effects via tempo-synced step sequencers and LFOs to any instrument parameter, including the option to sequence the bypass function of each effect in real-time.
ASSAULT contains "Triggers" that provides 48 effect chains that can be triggered by any one or combination of the six on-screen keypads, or by key-switches. With the touch of a pad or key, Triggers can be instantly activated or bypassed, allowing for complete on-the-fly performance control with the ability to drastically effect the sound of any instrument instantly and non-destructively.
One of the most important features in ASSAULT are the "Multi Script Macros", first introduced in Cinematic Guitars 2. Multi Script Macros can be automated by using the new macro knob step sequencers, resulting in real-time macro sequencing and instrument parameter control. On top of that, each of the 6 Macro knobs can be assigned to any combination of instrument parameters within a multi. Multi script macros are customizable and can be created and saved. By design, any combination of instrument interface parameters can be assigned to a single macro. Finally, ASSAULT comes with over 66 customized Multis.
- Arpeggiated – Customizable tempo-synced sequenced impacts.
- Combos – A combination of sound elements that sustain and morph over time.
- Interrupters – Short non-tempo synced transition effects for bridging tempo/key variant music transitions.
- Rises – Falls.
- Quick Kits – Instruments containing large collections of samples from one genre.
Multis – Powerful preset templates combining various ASSAULT instruments into all-in-one presets.
- Construction Beds – Various instrument types mapped out across the keymap in zones.
- Instrument Stacks – Several instruments stacked on top of one another, sharing the same keymap range.
- Over 850 Instruments and Multis recorded and processed at 48k/24-bit, delivered at 44.1kHz/24-bit.
- Just under 1 GB sample library using Kontakt's lossless sample storage compression.
- NI Kontakt 5 Player with native 64-bit support.
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, DXi, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio, WASAPI.
- Kontakt 5 Player 5.0.3 or higher (free download) or full version of Kontakt 5.0.3 or higher (sold separately).
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10. Or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended).
- Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB RAM (4GB recommended).
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player.
- 1 GB free disk space for ASSAULT sample content.
Price: $299.99 - with an introductory promo price of $249.99.
18 Sep 2012 Sample Logic announces Cinematic Guitars 2
04 Apr 2012 Sample Logic releases Synergy X for Kontakt
05 Mar 2012 Sample Logic announces 50% Off Box Sale
17 Jan 2012 Sample Logic releases "TryPack" for Kontakt
15 Sep 2010 Sample Logic releases Cinematic Guitars
01 Jul 2010 Sample Logic releases Vuvuzela for Kontakt
12 May 2010 Sample Logic releases Acoustix for Live
17 Feb 2010 Sample Logic releases A.I.R. Expanded
15 May 2013 Sonokinetic releases "Accordion" for Kontakt