22nd April 2013
Sample Logic has released Cyclone, which they describe as "the ultimate Kontakt synth solution".
Cyclone contains over 325 instruments and multis ranging from multi-layer motion pads and cinematic harmonic instruments to dub step inspired basses, electronic hybrid leads, and experimental drum kits.
Cyclone is organized and divided into specific useful categories:
- Construction Kits.
- Instrument Stacks.
- One Note Glory.
Sampling Meet Synthesis - The Interface
The core of Cyclone is focused around the user interface and experience, providing the freedom to infinitely transform samples into twisted evolving synths. The interface still includes Sample Logic's signature Multi-core Effect Sequencers, Triggers, and Arpeggigater, plus several new features, such as:
- A powerful LFO section.
- Additive synthesis engine called "Wave".
- An easy to modulate and sequence "Pitch" section.
- A new group mixer section for blending samples and synthesis.
Sickly Twisted - The LFOs
With the newly created LFO section, modulating multiple effects simultaneously is easy. The powerful LFO section allows for quick and easy custom sound sculpting and motion - whether programming a dub bass to duck around a drum pattern, or using velocity controlled LFOs for subtle modulation effects on the fly.
The effects that have LFO:
- Filter -> Lo-frequency.
- Filter -> Hi-frequency.
- Filter -> Resonance.
- LoFi -> Sample Rate.
- Distortion -> Drive.
Wave - Additive Synthesis Engine
Sample Logic say that "Wave" is the first-ever Kontakt additive synthesis engine. With this new and transposable wave section, waveforms can be added to the instrument's overall sound. This leads to endless customization and massive synths. In addition, each waveform volume can be sequenced via a multi-core effect sequencer. Wave can be used in many ways, here are just a few examples:
- Add a sine wave transposed down a few octaves to add sub and thicken up a bass.
- Sequence a wavetable volume to add a motion layer on top of a static pad.
- Transpose a wave up a few octaves to add harmonics and make the overall instrument brighter.
- Transpose a wave down a 5th to create harmonic instruments.
Multis & Multi Script Macros
One of the most powerful features in Cyclone are the powerful "Multi Script Macros", first introduced in Cinematic Guitars 2. Now more twisted than ever, Multi Script Macros can be automated by using the new macro knob step sequencers, resulting in real-time macro sequencing and instrument parameter control. On top of that, each of the 6 macro knobs can be assigned to any combination of instrument parameters within a multi. Multi script macros are completely customizable and can be easily created and saved. By design, any combination of instrument interface parameters can be assigned to a single macro.
- Over 325 Instruments and Multis delivered at 44.1kHz/24-bit.
- Just under 3 GB sample library using Kontakt's lossless sample storage compression.
- NI Kontakt 5 Player with native 64-bit support.
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, DXi, RTAS (Pro Tools 9 or higher), ASIO, CoreAudio, WASAPI.
- Kontakt 5 Player 5.03 or higher (free download) or full version of Kontakt 5.0.3 or higher (sold separately).
- Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM (4GB recommended).
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2GB RAM (4GB recommended).
- 1 GB free disk space for Kontakt 5 Player.
- 3 GB free disk space for Cyclone sample content.
Kontakt is continuously being updated. For the latest system compatibilities visit the Native Instruments website.
Cyclone is available now as a Direct Download. MSRP is $299.99 but it is currently available for the introductory price of $249.99.
For more info visit: www.samplelogic.com/products/cyclone